Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw, what do you use for camp?

Re: Chainsaw, what do you use for camp?

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    Why anyone would buy a chainsaw that is not a STIHL or a HUSKY is beyond me, same with a generator that is not a HONDA or a YAMAHA.
    x2,,good recommendation.,,,I run a Yammie ef 2400 ie inverter generator for home power outages and hunting camp convenience..
    great generator,that and the Stihl 361 has bases covered

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

My camp runs the batteries with a Honda, and the fire pit with a 455 rancher! Always had a honda generator, and always had a Stihl, or a Husky saw. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    Rocky. I bet you also use a cup. And I do not mean for coffee. I cut a big gash in one of my work boots.
    my chaps are built to cover my manhood. Some brands don't.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Cutting a toe or foot, probably won't bleed to death. Femoral, good chance of death.

used a big saw long enough to know that cutting pants, steel toed boots and eye protection are a must have..not optional

My brother in law takes his 2 kids, age 3 and 5 cutting firewood. Does not tell anyone where he is going. Absolutely refuses to wear chaps.

I told him that if he cuts his femoral (probably not in cell coverage either) I told him basically he is setting his kids up to die as well. They are not old enough to get in the truck to stay out of the elements etc.

I even got him a set of chaps. Still refuses. I told him I will not cut wood with him if he is gonna run saw unprotected.

I will not be trying to save his life from a cut artery and have his kids standing there watch daddy with a boo boo and Uncle could not save daddy

Quote Originally Posted by takla1 View Post
    ive always disliked having to file my chains in the bush.I generally wait till I'm home to lock my chainsaw in my vice,perfect height and steady for slideing the file thru at the right angle.Ive seen some logging crumy's fitted with a vice on the back of their rigs for that reason.
    Buying a few handles you can slip the files into are great to have with you as well.

takla
    Should buy one of there works wonder out in the hills
    Stihl Stump Vise
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

thx 358! I'm running low on mix so was going to go down soon to the saw dealer in town here for cutting supplys ,Will see if they have them in stock.I usually sharpen if I have to on my tailgate but the Stihl skates around doing it that way hard to hold stihl.
    That looks like it will solve the problem!any idea on cost for one of those units??
    THX
    takla
    [/QUOTE]

Be really easy to build with scrap metal and a c clamp

Quote Originally Posted by takla1 View Post
    thx 358! I'm running low on mix so was going to go down soon to the saw dealer in town here for cutting supplys ,Will see if they have them in stock.I usually sharpen if I have to on my tailgate but the Stihl skates around doing it that way hard to hold stihl.
    That looks like it will solve the problem!any idea on cost for one of those units??
    THX
    takla
    [/QUOTE
    Paid $24.00 for mine a few years back . $$$ well spent
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......