Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how fast can you grind meat with a manual meat grinder

Re: how fast can you grind meat with a manual meat grinder

I hook up a 1/2'' corded drill to mine. Takes no time at all, just the same as using a powered meat grinder. did about 150lbs this fall in 45 mins or so with a couple plate cleanings. Put a bolt where the handle threads on and use a socket on the drill and you are ready to go!!

Just had my second grinding experience (manual) now. We have a 40 year old hand grinder from my mother in law. Small plate and dull blades I think lol

We just ground up 3.5 lbs of bear. It took our assembly line (me cutting up chunks for the grinder and the wife doing the hard work) 30 minutes. Amateurs, I know...

We're going to have a burger night, cook up the rest of the ground meat and mix it in with a bunch of lunches in microwavable glass containers (probably taco mixes, burger patty and stir-fry lunches) then re-freeze. Seems like we'll be running out of bear just in time for bear season. Amazing how long an animal will last two people... 2-4 meals a week for a year.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 02-14-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Anyone ever tried the Kitchener 250 watt Meat grinder? Says it does 2lbs of meat per minute.. is it good??