Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help guide me towards the best bow for me

Re: Help guide me towards the best bow for me

As Foxtail said, that's a good deal. You'll find everything to be good, but in the future I can bet the few things you'll upgrade it'll first be the sight. I can already recommend a Trophy Ridge React, they're sweet. As for arrows since you'll find yourself buying some very, very soon, I'd go for whatever shoots the best - don't be drawn into how the arrows look, just how they fly.

For broadheads for hunting in the future, would recommend a 3 or 4 blade since you'll have the energy at 60lb's to send those through whatever you'll need to. Look at a G5 Montec (easily sharpened), or maybe even a 2 blade Stinger with bleeders (good warranty).

Well. They shipped it already. Looks like it will be in next Thursday.

Get ready to pay a bunch of duty if the shipped it UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Get ready to pay a bunch of duty if the shipped it UPS.
    Yup. Always specify, "NOT UPS!!". If they can't ship by other means, then don't buy. It can easily add $150 to $200 to your finished price.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

I shipped it to a box in the States. It is US made, so crossing the border the only thing I would have to pay is taxes if they decide to send me in. At least that has been my experience in the past

Quote Originally Posted by JIL_24/7 View Post
    I shipped it to a box in the States. It is US made, so crossing the border the only thing I would have to pay is taxes if they decide to send me in. At least that has been my experience in the past
    Yup...pay your GST and PST, and your good to go.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

I have a 2013 Elite Answer that I am selling for a buddy. The bow is in like new condition and comes fully loaded with everything needed to start shooting and hunting. Let me know if you want to see some pics. It is a FULL top quality package with arrows, broad heads , field points, release, case, stabilizer, sight, rest and more. He wants to get $850 for everything. Everything in the package is either brand new or as new.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Sorry just saw that you bought one already. Welcome to the archery world.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Well. I got it. I do love the bow. Feels great in my hand. Better actually than other I tried. I had it set at 60# and 29" and they both seem fine. The one thing that appears to be a problem is the release they sent with it. I have drawn the bow back twice now where the release has let go without me pulling the trigger. It feels like a 1/2 pound trigger pull and I can get it to release when not on the bow by just tapping the side. Is this a release problem or user error? Full disclosure I have never fired a bow before and I missed the target at 20 yards so I very easily could be the problem. Researching and learning all I can

What kind of release? Some are adjustable. I have a scott release that I can adjust so light that it will not stay closed without pressure on the back of it. There is a tiny hex screw in the release that contacts the trigger to set how far you pull it to release. My trufire is a better design in my mind and has a spring inside that adjusts trigger pressure. It is adjusted by turning a collar to increase or decrease spring tension. To be safe always draw with your finger behind the trigger. When I release I rest the second crease of my finger on the trigger and pull hard into the wall using back muscles while relaxing my hand, as I relax my hand it sinks into my wriststrap and my finger sets the trigger off giving me a good surprise release.