Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NWT DALL SHEEP - Last Hunt

Re: NWT DALL SHEEP - Last Hunt

Still some good rams , even after the high high harvest rate over the last few years that some were saying was extreme and couldn't be sustained.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    What is the difference between a ride in a chopper and a bush plane in that valley? Nothing!
    The ride is the same but the landing is sure different )
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    The ride is the same but the landing is sure different )
    I know a bunch of places to take a bird that would change things quick. Your not going to land a 2 wheeler anywhere close big difference

Great video! Amazing country! Thanks for posting it!
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

What is the difference between a ride in a chopper and a bush plane in that valley? Nothing!
    The diff is there using choppers to drop hunters off in the top of the mountains not in the valley bottoms were you can land a super cub .
    If you have ever hunted sheep , having the ability to start your hunt on the top going down is a hell of a lot easier than than going from the bottom up .
    Not ever saying you might just be able to "spot" a few more sheep in a chopper than a Super Cub .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by tangozulu View Post
    Yup, if u use a helicpter it aint sheep hunting. Every see a picture of a moose coming out on a long line? Commercial killing for the new century.
    Outfitters were compensated a few million.wionder what the redi hunter gets..
    The resident hunters are also able to use a chopper if they so chose in the NWT .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    I know a bunch of places to take a bird that would change things quick. Your not going to land a 2 wheeler anywhere close big difference
    Sure would save a bit of boot leather !!!
    Just have to wonder what the resident sheep harvest would be if BC allowed us to use choppers .

Well if u dont know the difference between slinging a whole moose or sheep and packing it i cant explain it to you.

We would all be on limited entry.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Just have to wonder what the resident sheep harvest would be if BC allowed us to use choppers .
    But only for wolves would be a different matter.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....