Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NWT DALL SHEEP - Last Hunt

Re: NWT DALL SHEEP - Last Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by NorBC View Post
    I thought gatehouse made some kind of rule about this. If you don't like it go start a thread about the use of helicopters in the hunting industry.

no wonder nobody posts story's anymore. First thing close to story that comes up in months and you bash it. I remember when I used to come to HBC for intellect and advice. Now I just cringe.
    Well said! and to Tangozulu, the fact that we hunt "makes all of us look bad to the wider world". If it's sustainable and legal, and ethical, then why not. People don't seem to have the luxury of the time to do a 2 month horse access hunt like the old days, as much fun as it would be.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Great film, loved it!

Great video. Bet these guys from Kuiu paid a good price to have this spot scheduled a few years back. Man am I jealous!! Sucks evenmore now that our dollar is sooo weak that a hunt for a Dall will cost a lot more for the everyday working man. Guess I should of fought harder to move to the Yukon in the early 2000/01 with my GF (now wife ) with a work opening!! Oh well.

From what I heard in the beginning part of video is that 2 large rams were walked away from last year so the guides knew the vicinity area of where the rams may be, plus bet these guides were scouting way before season opened.

As far as the helicopter comments, see no difference ...spike camps would not be established before hunters arrived up top of mountains....maybe I am wrong. Probably be able to haul more gear/guys on the helicopters than a plane.

I know of some salmon fishing lodges in BC that use for fly in on larger float planes, now the use helicopters.