Thread: Savona

Savona

Has anyone here ever hunted with a bow in the Savona area? I have been through there and really like the lay of the land. I was thinging of a Trad bow hunt there next fall during the early bow only season. Maybe stay in town or at Tunkwa Lake which is not to far away. Thanks Cheers Roscoe

2. Site Sponsor

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Re: Savona

Used to be my favourite stomping grounds many years ago. My family and I have
    taken many deer, some very large bucks, from the Savona area.
    Problem now is the high number of youth hunters from Kamloops and Logan Lake.
    There is quite a bit of pre-season scouting which tends to spook the deer enough
    that it's fairly difficult to get close enough for bows, especially traditional ones.
    There are still a few decent bucks on and adjacent to Indian Gardens Ranches as well
    on Little Savona Mountain which overlooks Savona. It's steep, rugged, and full of
    all sorts of rocky ridges etc so can be both very interesting and challenging to hunt.
    Many people have been lost up inside it's bowels (I know of one fellow that died) so
    I would strongly advise using a gps unit if possible.

Re: Savona

Ross, give us a shout if you're out this way & bring our mutual friend along too!

I don't know that area too well but I know around there are notable areas but are also high pressure.

There is a lot of ground in this area to cover and I had success away from the more popular areas and mostly very close to our place. Give it some thought and if you're heading out during bow season let us know, I will be out myself in these areas