Thread: Candied meat

Candied meat

Anyone have a recipe? I know the candied fish is a popular one, what about red meat? I have a bag of bear in the freezer I want to do something interesting with

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Candied meat

Find a recipe you like for jerky. Indian candy is smoked fish with a sweet component.

I have recipes for jerky and salmon candy. Looking for candied meat recipes. I could, and may experiment but want to see what others are doing

I've taken high mountains jerky mix and added chilli peppers and liberal amounts of brown sugar and then dehydrated to dry but not crispy texture and it tasted like candy. 6lbs lasted 2 days in my house...I didn't wipe any of the marinade off just layer them on the oven racks..they were sticky to the touch...
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Ok right on thanks

How bout making a Chinese style snaussage? Hoisin and anise rich and a cured too.