View Poll Results: When do you bowhunt?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • All season(s) - I only hunt with a bow

22 23.40%
  • I bowhunt strictly during the bow only season

29 30.85%
  • I bowhunt throughout rifle season (as well as rifle hunt)

36 38.30%
  • I bowhunt only when an easy stalk presents itself in rifle season

1 1.06%
  • Other

6 6.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When do you bowhunt?

Re: When do you bowhunt?

I think I took a rifle out once in the last 4 years I have being bow hunting,I think I've sold them all now, I will have to check lol.

I might start carrying a fireArm After the numerous close calls I've had with predators, being a father of four young kids has made me a little more careful with my life.
    Either a 12g, or what I really want is a 45-70. I still don't plan to hunt big game with a gun but would make an exception for wolves or coyotes this winter
    Last edited by allan; 01-25-2016 at 11:57 PM.

hahaha. I know the feeling Spy! I tend to forget about half the guns I have as well, but I know every last piece of archery gear I have (which is a LOT)
    Hunter | Hunting/Wildlife Photographer
    www.nicktrehearne.com

Cool Re: When do you bowhunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    ... I would be curious how many hunters use crossbows and when.
    Due to multiple shoulder injuries I an unable to draw my compound bow any more.
    Gave up archery hunting for many years as a consequence.
    A Very Good Buddy suggested I try a crossbow. Took me a spell to do so, but now no turning back.
    Gave me back something in my life I was missing much more than I recognized.

I use my crossbow in archery seasons, and very often in the rifle season as well.
    At this point in my hunting career, the focus has become quite centered upon maximizing my time & enjoyment in the field.
    The bow very much provides that.
    Kind of grown somewhat aloof with the rifle and have once again become quite incensed by the intense close quarters action of the stick & string.

Still shake like a leaf after each and every success with the bow. The rifle... not so much.

That said, when it comes to "need to produce" and / or long range efforts, I will indeed pick up one of my long guns...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me