Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last round up

Re: Last round up

Thank you for all the kind words except from my so called partner .. but now as Paul Harvey said the rest of the story my birthday next week my wife gives me a card today says maybe you should open this now as your a little down open it up inside are 2 kennel cards and a note maybe time to get a new partner ,really torn sad but happy she got me there ....

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Thank you for all the kind words except from my so called partner .. but now as Paul Harvey said the rest of the story my birthday next week my wife gives me a card today says maybe you should open this now as your a little down open it up inside are 2 kennel cards and a note maybe time to get a new partner ,really torn sad but happy she got me there ....
    Hey Mike sorry to hear about that......tough to find companions like a Lab, a new pup and a new Weatherby should help brighten your day
    Either way lots of great memories with the old boy.
    WF
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 01-15-2016 at 01:10 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Puppy breath is great medicine, and I bet the old guy still has something left to teach the "Kid" and it will give him purpose. I have my Old Girls granddaughter and she is learning a lot off Granny.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

my old boy is 13 and now his job is when we set the decoys he just goes around and pee,s on stuff. he seems quite content to get back in the truck and wait for us to finish. I fear the day when they let me out of the truck to pee on stuff.
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"

Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
    my old boy is 13 and now his job is when we set the decoys he just goes around and pee,s on stuff. he seems quite content to get back in the truck and wait for us to finish. I fear the day when they let me out of the truck to pee on stuff.
    It will be OK if you have a nice warm dry crate back at the truck LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
    “the swiftest hours, as they flew,” W. Shakespeare.

Deep chuckle... it will be sooner than we hope man!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

It's a sad day when you realize it's time to retire them. Think about it if your dog is 13 it's like asking a 90 year old man to go out and retrieve your ducks. You can understand why they don't want to do it any more it's because they can't. Just before New Years I had to put down my old BL boy, would have been 12 in Feb. but this last Oct. he hunted wild Pheasants in Alberta quite well be it maybe only an hour to two hours at a time and he loved doing it. He wasn't much of a duck dog but Pheasants was his game, if he got their scent they were in trouble if I could keep up to him. I'm going to miss watching him hunt them up. You could say this last Oct. was his last Hurrah.

My condolences about your friend....great haul out there...

Congrats on a great career for your pal and good luck on your new adventures

So meet the newest member my B day present Sadie 9 week old German shorthair ,here we go again