Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to pack in arrows

Re: how to pack in arrows

Safari Tuff Arrowmaster, I use that for all my hunting now. Good for a dozen arrows including fluflus and mostly out of the weather too (awesome if you shoot feathers like we do)

Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver,mounts close on bow.
    well made and balanced,easy to remove.
    Last edited by SWD; 01-16-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Tubes are the only way to go although they can be a bit of a pain compared to a bow quiver. As stated keeps fletching in good shape and dry.
    I make my own tubes out of cardboard tubes from the centre of plotter paper rolls. Paint it to water proof it, cut a notch at the bottom to pull your arrows and wrap with camo tape. A shoulder strap can be added with a couple extra wraps of tape.
    Worth a try until you decide if you want to spend the sheckles for a factory one.
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

I typically bring 5-6 arrows in my quiver (attached to the bow), as well as pack an extra 5-12 arrows depending on the length of trip, and whether or not there will be grouse or ptarmigan since I can't seem to ever say no to them. For the 5-12 extra arrows, I just tape them together into a bundle (carefully so I don't fold any vanes in half) and strap them to the outside of my pack. I have tired tubes, but don't see the value in the added weight since I've never had a problem with damaging the bundle strapped to the pack...
    Hunter | Hunting/Wildlife Photographer
    www.nicktrehearne.com

I use a side quiver and will add elastics if needed.

On the side of the bow is out for me never mind on a long shot.

x2 on PVC. Cheap and bomb proof. Good for travel also. Saved my arrows bush whacking for sure.