Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Arrow In your Opinion

Re: Best Arrow In your Opinion

Those cracks at the end of your shafts can be avoided by placing a small amount of glue when setting your nocks . Its the nock coming out at an angle (bad shot) or vibrating in the shaft at target contact .that causes that crack and after glueing the nock can sometimes break instead of the shaft and the small amount of glue enables removal and replacement .
    Some of those cracks are small and a nock glued seem to provide a shootable arrow but do not take the chance of a dry fire situation and the collars are a great fix ....
    Cheers

Arrows are much cheeper than a new bow or limbs ...

Cheers
    Last edited by greybark; 01-09-2016 at 12:49 AM.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by NorBC View Post
    For trad I like the gold tip traditionals, they are tough. For Compounds the injections are pretty popular. I've always had good success with the xweave mentioned above. As for fmjs I am not a fan of aluminum arrows. Not tough enough in my opinion. If you shoot crap better than you shoot gold stick with it!
    Just fyi . Full metal jackets are aluminum outer shell with a carbon core and are the toughest arrows out there.

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    Just fyi . Full metal jackets are aluminum outer shell with a carbon core and are the toughest arrows out there.
    I strongly disagree. I've seen them first hand bend and break in the back country. Just my experience.

After a bunch of buddies play arrow botchi in a gravel pit im usually the only one shooting my original arrow (fmj) most guys carbons explode when they hit rocks or skip them thru the gravel? I have killed three deer with the same arrow over the last three seasons and hopefully zip the same arrow thru a yogi this spring. Its my good luck arrow lol.
    Last edited by donny.brooke; 01-09-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Hunting: Easton FMJ or VAPs Easton ACC 3-49 or bigger
    3D hunting practice (see above)
    3D target(outdoor): high end GTs, Easton Litespeeds , Easton ACCs
    3D indoor Target: X-cutters, Fatboys or easton Superdrive 25s or any of those listed in outdoor
    Paper Indoor: Easton x-23 or x27 Alums Fatboys, X cutters etc...
    Paper outdoor: Easton ACE, ACG or ACC and X10s Bar none ... the ACC is parralell shaft .. the others listed are barreled ... shaped like a football to exagerate ... Best most accuarate and consistant arrows on the market
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Gold Tip Hunter