Thread: Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows

Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows

Just took delivery of Carbon Express Maxima Red arrows. I checked out these arrows on their website and it all sounded good including testimonials. I shoot a re-curve 55lb. Nowhere was there any mention on their website and product description that these arrows were not designed for re-curve until I read exactly that in the fine print on the box the arrows came in. So much for free postage offered to deliver. Mail order is my best option as I live in the boonies of the Alberni Valley. Oh well.... I am guessing that I should not use these arrows in my bow.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows

What spine are they? What length? What tip weight? Arrows are basically all the same as far as purpose goes. Traditional use a weaker spine than compound because when the string is released off the fingers the arrow has to bend around the riser. The proper spine will just bend around the bow and recover quick enough to straighten out just after it leaves the bow. Too weak of spine and the arrow will bend too much and impact to the right(right handed archer) of where you are aiming. Too stiff and the arrow will bang off the shelf and impact left of where you are aiming. You can stiffen spine by cutting your arrow shorter and lighter tips. You can weaken the spine by adding heavier tips to a lesser extent because you can't lengthen your arrows. Compounds use a much stiffer arrow normally because the arrow needs to flex far less when using a mechanical release and inline rests. It is called the archers paradox. Your arrows might still wirk if you ordered the spine and length close.

Re: Carbon Express Maxima Red Arrows

What is your draw length (what poundage are YOU pulling?) may be different depending on what shooting style or aiming method you are using. If you give all the needed information the experienced archers like foxtail will be able to tell you where to start with your arrows. Chances are if what they tell you isn't really working then it would probably be your form and or bow set-up. I have only been shooting for about 3 months with samick journey and there is a big learning curve and lots of form practice, for me anyways. I'm guessing if those arrows were 400 spine with 125gr tips would be a good start.