Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need a compound bow !~.

i need a compound bow !~.

Hello my fellow hunters on the Hunt BC . I hope some of you had a good year, and a good Christmas. . Now ,i need some help , here is the problem . I have been into a least a dozen bow shops in BC Alberta and Sask in the last 5 years and have yet to pull the trigger on a new compound bow . there have been reasons.. But mostly its been that every time i get in there i get different info on the one thats going to meet my body and length and needs for a semi beginner . i have used a old martin lynx bow with a finger tab for a few years . just practise on the home made bag and have shot some at a 3d range . so i do have some experiance . i need to move up tho !. i want to get a hoyt or a matthews . what i need is someone to sit down with me and they measure me up and make sure im getting excatly what i need . i need a name and reference . .i need a member to take the time and size me up and make sure i get what i need .. going into a shop where i dont know know anyone isnt working for me . any suggestions or help would be most appreciated..Since im in Golden . im 3 hours from anywhere . 3 hours from Calgary 3 hours from Kelowna 3 hours from Cranbrook . so its a pain in the ass to make it the right place making sure the right person is there to help me . .I almost made it to that guy in fernie this summer , i was working down there , i think his name is kevin . i might be heading that way again .so he is a option too . i hear hes great . busy , but great .. anyway . i would gladly work with another member who is willing to take some time and help me nail down the proper choice. im sure there some guys on here that know what there doing . once again . i would be much appreciated ,thank you
    " Never tell me the Odds "

2. Site Sponsor

Re: i need a compound bow !~.

I had a guy help me in Cranbrook with my bow when the string came off ! He has a shop you can shoot in, I will find his business card and pass his info on to you ! He sure helped me out of a pickle on a Sunday ,day before opening day!

^^ Bob, at True Flight Archery.

I would say get ahold of donnybrook on here. I think he is in Kelowna. He knows his stuff(from what I have heard) and can get you set up.

where is true Flight Archery and do you know him personally ? kk looks like its in Cranbrook .. i think i have been there like ten years ago i will call him and make sure hes around .
    Last edited by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER; 12-27-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    " Never tell me the Odds "

measure your wing span and divide by 2.5 that is your draw length. get a bow that has some poundage adjustablitiy, start at a bit lighter of a weight and get the muscle memory, then move the weight up! I have the perfect bow for you!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...WTT-Hoy-Maxxis

comes with everything you need on the higher end scale, plus a grouse river gift card!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    ^^ Bob, at True Flight Archery.
    Jup Bob was great, a life saver for sure, I would support him again and again! Any man who is willing to meet a complete stranger on a Sunday to help him out, day before opening season, well enough said. I can't find his number but I'm sure if you PM JT he will give it to you. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Your location is a definite disadvantage as you are not close to a shop. Hopefully you can find a mentor locally to help with sizing and setup.. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/ is a great source of information with lots of articles on finding your draw length and more.
    i want to get a hoyt or a matthews
    If you are going with a Mathews getting measured is the best way to go as Mathews uses draw length specific modules or draw length specific cams. Hoyts generally have a 2 inch adjustment range on their cams. That being said you should check to see what that range is specific to the bow and cam. Some run 26-28 and 28 -30 inches, while a different model may go 25-27 and 27-29 inches.
    For every person with a spark of genius............. there are a hundred with ignition trouble!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER View Post
    where is true Flight Archery and do you know him personally ? kk looks like its in Cranbrook .. i think i have been there like ten years ago i will call him and make sure hes around .
    Yes. True Flight is in Cranbrook. Well, I do know him personally, not sure why that might matter. Next time you plan to come down, call him ahead of time and give him a heads up your coming.

Call Kevin EVANS, at Kootenay Archery, in Jaffray BC, 250-429-3584. Sells both Hoyt & Mathews. Extremely knowledgeable, two time World Champion Archery (para archery) and numerous Para Olympics. Canadian 3-D Champion. A great guy, goes out of his way to help. Has an archery range at his shop.