Thread: bow holder

bow holder

I am looking for something to hook on my belt that I can hook my handle on so I don't have to put my bow down while pulling arrows out of my target. Also something so I don't have to hold it while I am walking. I like my hands free. Any suggestions?
    stumpstalker.ca- Wood arrows, Spruce arrow shafts, and other trad gear.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: bow holder

Try a bow sling. They work better than a hook if you are pulling arrows. Either way it is a pain in the butt pulling arrows when you have a bow hanging off of you.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

Ive seen swamper use a hook that fits on his belt and he hangs his bow on it.
    You might have to hold on to it as you walk though.

I use a primos bow sling that fits onto the cams of the bow and protects the string. the strap goes over your shoulder and you dont have to hang on to the bow.
    they make one sling for parrellel limbs and one for the more traditional limbs.

Ive seen a couple different slings but I like the primos one the best
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Bow Walker Guest

You can shoot with the sling on? Seems like it would be a pain in the butt. Having the sling hanging down might be distracting. I tried making a holder similar to the one in Cabelas, but it didn't work because the bow slipped off. It didn't balance. Hmmmm....
    stumpstalker.ca- Wood arrows, Spruce arrow shafts, and other trad gear.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."

Bow Walker Guest

77.....this is the sling that I use. It slips on easily over the cam/wheels, stays on, is silent, and comes off in a jiffy so you can make the shot.

Here's a link to a place that sells them. ttp://www.bowhuntingstuff.com/

They're under "Bow Accessories" and then in "Bow Slings - Bow Stands"....they are down at the bottom of the page - Vista makes them.

Works really well for me.

Bow Walker Guest

If all of the above doesn't work out for you - you can always take your brother. That's what I did..........until he got his own bow.

I use a sling and for a lot of the shoots I do the pulling as well. Way better than a belt hook in my opinion as both hands are free all the time. I use the sling when hunting as well. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Quote Originally Posted by BowWalker View Post
    77.....this is the sling that I use. It slips on easily over the cam/wheels, stays on, is silent, and comes off in a jiffy so you can make the shot.

Here's a link to a place that sells them. ttp://www.bowhuntingstuff.com/

They're under "Bow Accessories" and then in "Bow Slings - Bow Stands"....they are down at the bottom of the page - Vista makes them.

Works really well for me.
    Hey BowWalker, I used your bow sling for lots of years and found it simple and easy to slip off the bow and was out of the way when a shot presented itself .
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Bow Walker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Hey BowWalker, I used your bow sling for lots of years and found it simple and easy to slip off the bow and was out of the way when a shot presented itself .
    So that's where it went!