Thread: okanagan geese

okanagan geese

Hey guys,

I am an outdoor photographer with wildseasons http://wildseasons.ca and I am looking to get out for a photo shoot for some geese and duck hunting. I am located in the okanagan but willing to travel. Email wildseasons@gmail.com or call me 250-863-3690

No cost to you,

Cheers.
    Last edited by wildseasons; 12-06-2015 at 06:26 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: okanagan geese

If someone were to take you out and then a gazillion other hunters saw your videos and photos, wouldn't that put undue and extra pressure on the very few places that are huntable around here.

I see no positives for local hunters coming from this but enlighten me if I'm wrong.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Hey Bud,

Not looking to hunt these locations, and not looking to share these locations, just looking to add some variety to the portfolio. I personally do not take images that give up my location for that very purpose, that being said I appreciate your concern and respect your thoughts.

I agree. A person comes on here and is nice enough to offer to shoot your hunt. Some would think that's cool. I know where you're coming from for background or locations but how about you ask them before you bite their head off. Or better yet not say anything at all and let someone else correspond with them and deal with it.

Most waterfowl hunting shots you cant tell locations anyways. It's cropped or zoomed in too much to even see the background. Birds in flight decoying. Or hit coming down. and if you're worried about your locations how about you voice that to the photographer and they know beforehand what's expected.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    I agree. A person comes on here and is nice enough to offer to shoot your hunt. Some would think that's cool. I know where you're coming from for background or locations but how about you ask them before you bite their head off. Or better yet not say anything at all and let someone else correspond with them and deal with it.

Most waterfowl hunting shots you cant tell locations anyways. It's cropped or zoomed in too much to even see the background. Birds in flight decoying. Or hit coming down. and if you're worried about your locations how about you voice that to the photographer and they know beforehand what's expected.
    Nobody was biting anybody's head off. I was stating some valid concerns and the effect it may have on limited opportunities.

Ive seen too many of these outdoor shows to believe it's as benign as you say. The Okanagan (because it's in a valley) and its landmarks are very recognizable to anyone whose been here often. The prairies are a different matter entirely.

Again, no positives except for maybe an ego stroke.
    Last edited by labguy; 12-06-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildseasons View Post
    Hey Bud,

Not looking to hunt these locations, and not looking to share these locations, just looking to add some variety to the portfolio. I personally do not take images that give up my location for that very purpose, that being said I appreciate your concern and respect your thoughts.

Wildseasons, Not saying you are up to anything nefarious. I will ask you again though, what positives come to anyone willing to take a chance and show you some of the few places worth waterfowl hunting in the Okanagan.

Ive been here for fourty years and spots are way too hard to come by to give them away to just anyone.

And my name is not "Bud".
    Last edited by labguy; 12-06-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Labguy, Names Brad, nice to meet you.

I will edit the original post to say that I am located in the okanagan but willing to travel anywhere. I am only looking for action shots, Really don't care too much about locations. Mostly interested in capturing working dogs in the field with their owners doing what they do best, hunting.

The positives are connecting people through images in a non location sharing kind of way, maybe some images will inspire others to keep passing the tradition on, keep purchasing licences, etc.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by wildseasons View Post
    Labguy, Names Brad, nice to meet you.

I will edit the original post to say that I am located in the okanagan but willing to travel anywhere. I am only looking for action shots, Really don't care too much about locations. Mostly interested in capturing working dogs in the field with their owners doing what they do best, hunting.

The positives are connecting people through images in a non location sharing kind of way, maybe some images will inspire others to keep passing the tradition on, keep purchasing licences, etc.

cheers.
    Brad, I wish you the best. Your images are beautiful and I get that your keen and passionate. I'm sure that you are an honorable man who would never pass along confidential information to anyone.

I'm sure too that you can understand the reluctance to take a complete stranger to some of these places that have taken years to figure out. Many of us have been burned in the past by doing exactely that.

I hope you find someone who would be willing to help you. Maybe someone like Crazy_Farmer who has private land and permanent blinds and lots of birds all to himself and doesn't need to spend countless hours spotting and planning like us mere mortals.

Again, I do wish you the best and your images are first rate.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    Brad, I wish you the best. Your images are beautiful and I get that your keen and passionate. I'm sure that you are an honorable man who would never pass along confidential information to anyone.

I'm sure too that you can understand the reluctance to take a complete stranger to some of these places that have taken years to figure out. Many of us have been burned in the past by doing exactely that.

I hope you find someone who would be willing to help you. Maybe someone like Crazy_Farmer who has private land and permanent blinds and lots of birds all to himself and doesn't need to spend countless hours spotting and planning like us mere mortals.

Again, I do wish you the best and your images are first rate.

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for the positive comments on our images, means a lot.

Private land, permanent blinds and lots of birds, sounds too good to be true, but that would be ideal for action photos and nobody would have to know where I have been.

Take care Brian.

I have been seeing a lot of honkers on Benvouland rd in Kelowna, and pretty much any open field in town.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc