Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015/16 Predator Thread

Official 2015/16 Predator Thread

for most of us, deer season is closed or about to close, and some of us beat the winter blues by heading out and hunting predators.

If you shoot a coyote this winter and want to share a picture or story, feel free to add to this thread. Any info on guns, bullets, scopes, calls, setups for calling, baiting, etc, can be asked here and maybe we can help out in any ways.

Coyotes, WOLVES, lynx, bobcats, cougars...trappers post up too!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Official 2015/16 Predator Thread

Anyone in lower mainland that have a coyote problem let me know

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Hey I bought the fox pro wildfire 2 last year. Is there a waggle tail that will work with it? Do you guys carry it? You carry the carry bag for the callers? Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I have a problem. I am not seeing anywhere near enough of em when I am calling.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by 86k20 View Post
    I have a problem. I am not seeing anywhere near enough of em when I am calling.
    if you call them, they will come, patience Daniel Son, patience, wax on, wax off Daniel son.....
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

LOL I hunt coyotes 2-3 days a week. I have pretty much got it figured out now to the point where I get paid to shoot em.

I Have 20L pails full of meat scraps and water frozen ready to go! This is my first season looking for wolves u guys got any tips for setting up meatsicles? I know of a few areas around kamloops with them just not sure what the best tactic for getting them out of the thick stuff. My Idea was to dump meatsicle in open area near tree line and set up a couple hundred yards away and wait,maybe throw some calls?

I don't see and pred pics yet. I know some have hit the dirt this fall. Come on now. Don't be shy
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by sausage lover View Post
    I Have 20L pails full of meat scraps and water frozen ready to go! This is my first season looking for wolves u guys got any tips for setting up meatsicles? I know of a few areas around kamloops with them just not sure what the best tactic for getting them out of the thick stuff. My Idea was to dump meatsicle in open area near tree line and set up a couple hundred yards away and wait,maybe throw some calls?
    This interests me too. I have saved all the scraps from three deer and plan to put it to good use. I believe SSS mentioned freezing a small length of chain into the bait and using that to secure it to something solid. I need to get on this as I am running a second freezer which for the most part is bait. Figured I'd wait till the bow season was over to give the archers some peace and quiet.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

This is my brand new Varmint set up. Tikka T3 Hunter in 204 Ruger. Topped with Nikon Prostaff 5 3.5-14x40. Heading to William's Lake this weekend to hopefully nail coyotes, wolves, and if I am really lucky, a cougar. Will definitely post all the pics of what we are able to get. Stay tuned. Next week I hope to be back with pictures.