Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigt In Distence

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Sigt In Distence

Take a shaft (or two) and put 125 gr. broadheads on them Wayne, then shoot at 20 yds.

Depending on where they hit, step back to 30 yds. and try them there.

By the way - what's that hole right at the top of the phonebooks? I think that it is what archers call a flyer.

Otherwise your group looks not bad at all for your first time.

I was wondering where my phone books went Wayne
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

I'd sight it in at 30 and then practise at 20 and 40 and I bet you'll be surprised at the little differance in height. Excaliber make a x-bow scope for the speed of the bow, just sight it in at 20 and it has other lines for the other distances and they will be right on for the bow speed/set-up.
    The scope you have works just fine just do a lot of practise at the other distances to see how high or low you will shoot, oh ya and come to our 3-D shoot for good hunting practise."THE BIGGEST SHOOT ON VANCOUVER ISLAND" ALPINE ARCHERY/ COWICHAN BOWMEN HELL HOLE 3 - D CHAMPIONSHIPS. Look in the sticky under target archery forems for more info, and yes you can shoot your x - bow.
    Last edited by Eagle1; 05-13-2007 at 09:59 PM.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Not too bad of a group. I bet the tape makes it a bitch to get those arrows out.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

like eagle1 said

your 30yds should be spot on and then practise 20 and 40

thats cool that you can go out to the hell hole shoot with a c-bow

it would be nice if more clubs did that, practise makes perfect
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Bow Walker Guest

Wayne - are you going to go to the shoot with your crossbow?

Look me up, I'll be the older, pudgy guy in jeans, t-shirt, and my HBC hat.

Oh yeah.......I'll be wearing my grey hair as well.

Well i guess we will both look the same LOL. No i won't be there Bow Walker ,i will be headed up to somewhere around the lens creek area to try and film some black bears for the long weekend ??? that's if my camera holds out this time. hunter47.

Quote Originally Posted by pupper
    like eagle1 said

your 30yds should be spot on and then practise 20 and 40

thats cool that you can go out to the hell hole shoot with a c-bow

it would be nice if more clubs did that, practise makes perfect
    I shot my c bow right in my back yard ,wayne.

Why do you have to pratice at the 20 and fourty yards ???? and why do you have to practice with broad heads as for field tips ?????.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947
    Why do you have to pratice at the 20 and fourty yards ???? and why do you have to practice with broad heads as for field tips ?????.
    so you know where your bolts hit at 20-40yds. so if your dialed in at 30yds you know you will be a tad high at 20 and a tad low at 40yds, practising will show you the variance.

broadheads also fly a little different than field tips depending on what type you use so it is best to know where they are hitting and sight in before you go hunting with your broadheads.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.