Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigt In Distence

Sigt In Distence

I just put 6 bolts in a 1/2 inch group in my target with my cross bow at 20 feet ,now what are the next steps to zero it in at 30 yards ,i am using 125 grain field tips for sighting this cross bow in. I am using a tasko 4 power scope. hunter47.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sigt In Distence

Hi wayne

just shoot at a bail 30 yds away and slide the pin to where the bolts are hitting. Example: if the bolts are landing higher than you are aiming move the pin up. If the bolts are lower than your aiming point, move your pin down a hair.

hope this helps

what crossbow did u get by the way?

what are you planning to hunt with it this year? archery island elk?

Justin
    Last edited by pupper; 05-13-2007 at 03:03 PM.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Smile Re: Sigt In Distence

I don't have pins ,i have a scope ,4 power tasco. I have an Excalibur. I just shot a 6 inch group at 20 yards within 1 inch all i did was adjusted the scope the same way i would with my rifle scope . hunter47.

oh, does it have little mini cross hairs? or just one cross hair in the center?

maybe shoot at 30 and see if it is realitevly similar

sighting in for 30 yds might be your best option and then just see where the bolts are hitting when you are shooting 20 yds. It will probably be pretty close.

and with a crossbow I heard the bolts lose kinetic energy fast as they are short so you probably want to keep your shots around 30 yds anyway

Justin
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Quote Originally Posted by pupper
    oh, does it have little mini cross hairs? or just one cross hair in the center?

maybe shoot at 30 and see if it is realitevly similar

sighting in for 30 yds might be your best option and then just see where the bolts are hitting when you are shooting 20 yds. It will probably be pretty close.

and with a crossbow I heard the bolts lose kinetic energy fast as they are short so you probably want to keep your shots around 30 yds anyway

Justin
    It the scope on my cross bow has x hairs just like my Leupold 3x9 scope.hunter47.

Hear is a group at 20 yards

yah, I bet at 30yds it will be bang on eh

try it
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Quote Originally Posted by pupper
    yah, I bet at 30yds it will be bang on eh

try it
    First time i ever have shot a bow off any type pupper ,i think i am doing alright ??? . hunter47.

fore sure wayne

I am not an expert on crossbows but I bet that thing has a pretty flat trajectory. let me know where u are hitting at 30 & 40
    Last edited by chrisco; 05-13-2007 at 09:54 PM.