Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shell blew apart in my chamber

Re: shell blew apart in my chamber

^^ That's for the 28ga

I had a similar incendent I shot at a coyote missed on the follow up shot there was a fireball right at my face I was shootin a 165 grain fusion in a 30 06 the casing fused right to the bolt had to pry it off powder keg in town here said it was a bad load from the factory

I've been all over the internet looking for answers and can't find much. I've normally been shooting 2 3/4 out of it but I decided to switch to the 3 inch (rates for 2 3/4 and 3) for the bigger shell when the geese come in. My gun has a "light load" piston and a "heavy load" one. I've been using the light load because it cycles perfectly with it. Could it be something to do with the pressure using the light load piston instead of the heavy? Just a thought. Chalking it up to that it a bad load. Heading to wanstalls tomorrow to see if they've got any ideas

I would guess that you had an obstruction in your barrel. Why were you 99.9% sure only? Was it your first shot of the day?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    I would guess that you had an obstruction in your barrel. Why were you 99.9% sure only? Was it your first shot of the day?
    I agree with BB have heard of a shell deconstructing and leaving residue (pieces) in the barrel so when the next shell loads and fires interesting stuff happens. Will post a pic of my old barrel when I find it .

I'm saying 99.9% because weird things can happen but it was my fifth shot. I didn't have my gun in any positions to get anything in the chamber or barrel that's why I'm stumped

870 with no apperent obstruction...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    870 with no apperent obstruction...

That was just God getting back at you for not shooting "your side"
    Pull the trigger all the way back.

Think it had something to do with a certain blond individual shooting in his idea of a permitted area

Have the same gun and the exact same situation happened to me last year. It was 6 hours into my day on on the second shot of a three shot cycle. thought my ear drum exploded. I also have the pump action in the 08 and I've never gotten around to getting my semi fixed. I wouldn't mind know what you end up doing and how much it cost you to fix.