Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your best funny story about hunting, camping or fishing

Re: Your best funny story about hunting, camping or fishing

Was pine mushroom picking with my dad at a local honey hole. About half way threw the day I here my dad start freaking out as he takes off runing . I caught up to him at a stream we had just crossed. Turns out somebody else had peeled back the moss beside a nice mushroom took a shit in it and put another pine mushroom in it then covered it up. My dad came along seen the real mushroom and stuffed his fingers into the shit around it. I almost died laughing.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by kilometers View Post
    Was pine mushroom picking with my dad at a local honey hole. About half way threw the day I here my dad start freaking out as he takes off runing . I caught up to him at a stream we had just crossed. Turns out somebody else had peeled back the moss beside a nice mushroom took a shit in it and put another pine mushroom in it then covered it up. My dad came along seen the real mushroom and stuffed his fingers into the shit around it. I almost died laughing.
    Wow! Who does that lmao
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Me and one of my hunting partners were hunting a cut block a few years back when he suddenly felt the urge to take a dump and couldn't wait, so he bends over a log in the middle of the block not realizing there was a couple (looked to be husband and wife) directly above him in a blind. As he (completely unawares) proceeded to moon them they must have realized their hunt was over and hastily exited the blind and said clear cut.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

If you've had as many trips to the medical system as I have, and endured as much
    and many probing and varied staff seeing your private parts, you lose any anxiety
    or nervousness about being naked in front of people.
    I had another incident in at a selcluded lake east of Oyama Lake. It was in the middle of
    the afternoon and I was the only one there so I hung up my solar shower bag and was in
    the middle of soaping up when a truck and camper came rushing in. As they drove past me
    to the far end of the campsite I could see kids looking out the camper windows, and their mom
    looking out the passenger window as well. I just discreetly turned my back and continued on.
    After about 1/2 an hour, they all came over for a chat and to ask how the fishing was, never
    mentioning the incident at all. Humans are the only species that are so hung up on seeing a
    naked body, or even more unusual, having another human see them in their birthday suit.

Second one ... of many ...
    Was steelheading on the Thompson River and felt the need to relieve myself of the morning cofee. As there was no one around I just let fly into the river. Was going great until the Rocky Mountaneer went by on the other side. I thought "what the hell" and just continued on but waved to be friendly. Wonder how many pictures were taken ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If smoking is bad for us why does it cure salmon?

I will apologize in advance as I am not the best story teller/writer but here goes....
    Last season my group was hunting moose near Babine lake...we had 2 leh bulls from a group draw to get.
    We spent the first few days hunting near camp and we managed to fill one of the tags. it was a decent sized 3 year old so we were feeling a little less pressure.

One of our group was friends with a local fellow who lived on Babine so we invited them over for a nice dinner at our camp. Him his wife and son as well as his sons girlfriend all joined us for a huge spread of a dinner before an evening of swilling back the gallon jugs of home made wine...after a late night of hitting the wine, buddys wife (designated driver) suggested that they head out...lots of hugs and laughs later they leave and ask us to come for dinner at their cabin the next day to which we agree.
    We were a little groggy the next day so we took the morning hunt off and planned to head over to buddy's cabin to continue on with the bullshit session from the night before.
    Buddy had a couple of small boats on the lake and suggested that we take a cruz down the lake to see if we could fill the other tag.
    So 4 of us head out in two boats slowly down the lake. After an hour or so of sitting and glassing shore then moving the boats further..more glassing...we hit this island and decide to split up to go around it. The other boat went on the inside route and we went the other way. the way that I went was short compared to the other boat route so we just sat in the boat a while then pulled up on shore for a small drink of wine while we let the other guys search. Well after about 1/2 hour of sitting there we wondered why the others hadn't come out from behind the island when we hear a boom...then another boom...then one more boom....
    So we jump back in the boat and drive around the island to find our other members of the group...
    We can see the boat pulled up on shore just about exactly where we had split up....and about 1km down the shore we see our two friends waving at us to come over..
    When we get there we see they have a young bull down and are about to start gutting it...we stop them and say he's too big to fit in either boat so we will just tow it back but it will have to be ungutted so it will float....they had the boat with the smaller engine so I suggested that we tow it back while they head back to camp to let the others know our plans. We are about 2-3 km down the lake if I recall so with a moose in tow in was going to take us at least half an hour or more.... about 10 minutes after they leave we start sputtering and the engine dies.....it takes us a couple of minutes to confirm that the tank was completely empty as it was sitting on a slight tilt and there was barely a drop of fuel left....
    Luckily we had radios but unfortunately we were not getting good reception where we were...we did manage to communicate to them that we could not get back to camp as we were out of fuel...so we decided to have a little wine while we waited...we had a whole gallon with barely a sip out of it so we had time....
    About 20 minutes later the other group arrived and handed us a gallon of wine...we said huh...whats with the wine, we still have lots...where is the gas?.....suddenly they burst out laughing and say buddy said there was no way that we could have run out of gas so he figured we must have been out of wine and were holding out coming back until we had more wine....after we all had a good laugh we tied the other boat to ours with the moose in tow behind....it must have taken us at least an hour to get our train back to the camp while we laughed about trolling for the Babine lake monster....it was a good thing they brought the extra wine cuz it was all gone by the time we got back to camp...
    ps nobody that was driving the boat was drunk while driving but by the time we got back for dinner everyone else sure was....we ended up finally getting the moose loaded into the back of a pick up by 230 in the morning...

Went duck hunting with my brother, got set up on the edge of a lake. Had some decoys out in the water and we were hiding on the edge of the lake. Some kayakers started making their way over along the edge of the weed beds.
    One of the kayakers thought he was pretty slick and would try sneaking up on the ducks. He paddled really slow trying not to spoke them. Me and my bro were like kids playing hide and seek trying not to laugh. He was getting closer and closer paddling so soft and slow. He was getting pretty close and we herd one of the other kayakers say "look how close he is getting to that duck". He kept coming and the duck wasn't moving. He got within a couple feet and then one of the other kayakers said " maybe it's a decoy a friend duck hunts out here" at this point the guy is about to run into it as he looks over at us. We burst out laughing. " thought you were pretty slick that ones not goin to fly away on you". I said. The guy looked pretty embarresed. His friends got a good laugh outta it too.
    Camo does work for humans.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

This October me my pup, cousin and 2 buddies spent 4 days up 3-28 looking for any buck . We were lucky enough to be camped next to a group of old timers at whitewood lake who had a leh for any bull. All of us being under 21 we were a little weary on how they would react to our camp life.. Right of the get go we had struck friends. They lent us a 12 volt air compressor and we returned the favour that afternoon with some johnnie walker red label. We spent 2 days without any sightings other than a cow and a calf. Not even a doe. After exchanging daily reports with our neighbours we were all having the same luck. With only me and my cousin being eligible shooters we had two intoxicated sidekicks along for an adventure and hanging out by the truck while we went on hikes. Finally last evening of our hunt we saw does from the truck. Watched till it was time to head to camp. On the drive down my cousin spots a small bull moose in the short pines with his head sticking up. COOL! All being new hunters it was our first bull sighting. Eventually we continued on as we had no draw. 30 seconds down the road one of intoxicated buddies (who is notorious for being a comedian with never a dull moment playing jokes) starts slurring/yelling MOOSE! We proceed to tell him shut up Jim Lahey your drunk. He doesn't stop though but nobody can see it.

Sure enough all the sudden this massive 10 point + bull 50 ft off the road runs up and over a short hill out of sight. Of course we never heard the end of it from our spotter the next morning. Unfortunately our neighbours weren't able to take advantage of our sighting as it was just outside of their draw. Our dear friend now likes to yell MOOSE to get everyone's attention when he spots anything. A good laugh for all.

Thought I would add another story and revive this thread.
    A few years ago, I was living in northern Alberta. I had joined the local shooting club and was a regular at the Tuesday evening trap shoots during the summer.As fall approached, we started shooting on Saturday mornings because the days were getting too short for evening shoots.
    On one beautiful, sunny Saturday morning, we had about 15 shooters show up.The Goose migration was in full swing and a lot of guys wanted to sharpen up their wing shooting skills by getting in a few rounds on the trap range.
    I had already shot a couple rounds and was sitting at one ofthe picnic tables with a few other shooters and a young lady with a beautiful young black lab about 8 months old. One of the fellows commented about how well behaved the dog was with all of the shooting going on.
    The young lady replied “Yes, Dutch is pretty good around guns. My Dad has been working with him a lot this summer.” Then she added “But my Dad isn’t very happy with him.”
    “Why would that be?” asked one of the fellows at the table.
    “Well you see, it is like this.” She replied.“Yesterday evening, Dad took Dutch out to his friend’s farm for his first ever goose hunt. Dad’s friend has a quarter section of field peas all swathed and the geese are having a field day gobbling down his crop.”she explained.
    “Well, Dad got his blind all set up and his spread of decoys laid out and then he and Dutch got into the blind. Dad got on the goose call and before long he had a small flock of about 6 Canadas dropping into the spread of decoys. He waited until just the right moment and then stood up and dropped a nice big Canada.” she described enthusiastically.
    “Then Dad turned Dutch loose and said “FETCH!!”Dutch ran out of the blind and humped thegoose!”
    Most of us were laughing so hard that our sides were hurting.
    Last edited by Brno22F; 12-03-2015 at 11:16 PM.
    Semper in excretum altum