Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On Line LEH Confirmed

Re: On Line LEH Confirmed

We are way overdue to have a system that lets you build up priority points rather than the lotto it is now. There should be no reason the draw can't be run a heck of a lot earlier also once the new system is online.

to hell with the priority points, Ive been too lucky! I don't want to know I have to wait x years to pull something!

I guess that means I can't stuff the envelope with cash anymore ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some people dont’ see the light, til it shines thru bullet holes…

Great News

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    No thanks.
    Why wouldnt you want a priority system?

Quote Originally Posted by goinghunting View Post
    Why wouldnt you want a priority system?
    Because you always have a chance at drawing. A priority point system would be good for species that are leh only ie bison, grizzly and dall sheep but we have such a big gos in BC that we can't really use anyone else's model. Most states/provinces that have a priority point system because there is no gos and there is zero chance of hunting unless you get drawn. BC residents have it way better simply because they can buy a tag and go hunting, you may have to travel but that's a small price to pay. Ask anyone saving points every year in the states if they would rather travel 8 hours or wait 10 years to draw a tag. People don't know how good they have it.

^ yup!!! Agree 100% priority would be good for Rosie's, grizz, bison, and dalls... Moose you get reduced odds for 3 years after being drawn, but at least you still have a chance, if not drive to gos and have atter

IMHO the lottery system is archaic and we are long overdue for a points system. Hopefully the new on line LEH is the first step towards a priority based system. For me not getting a draw would be much easier to take if each years failure was banking towards better and better odds for subsequent years.
    Last edited by tinpusher; 11-28-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Glad to hear it's going to be online. Haven't won in a long time, but still don't want priority draws.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Because you always have a chance at drawing. A priority point system would be good for species that are leh only ie bison, grizzly and dall sheep but we have such a big gos in BC that we can't really use anyone else's model. Most states/provinces that have a priority point system because there is no gos and there is zero chance of hunting unless you get drawn. BC residents have it way better simply because they can buy a tag and go hunting, you may have to travel but that's a small price to pay. Ask anyone saving points every year in the states if they would rather travel 8 hours or wait 10 years to draw a tag. People don't know how good they have it.
    I agree with you but what does that have to do with a priority leh system?

So if you dont draw you can go hunt our unreal GOS hunting but the leh system becomes fair. Do you not think that someone whos been putting in for 40 yrs deserves the opportunity to hunt a leh hunt over someone putting in for there first time?