Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fields are frozen, interior of BC is frozen, where are all the ducks?

Re: Fields are frozen, interior of BC is frozen, where are all the ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    When all the fields get frozen. Then my father and I would take fishing rods and shotguns. The ducks would be hold up in the corners of the slough that has no wind. And the cutthroat and coho fishing was awesome. Shooting a duck that landed on the other side of the slough. Well it sucked swimming across in your ginch. Done that a few times.
    Thats the very reason that I have LABs now. It could be a very long walk around or bone chilling cold swim.

We went out yesterday, probably scared up a couple dozen on our way to the spot again. When the first decoy splashed into the water I bet 60 ducks took flight. It was pretty awesome to see and hear in the dim light of 630am.

It was quiet again, but I could see more birds flying a ways off. Big flocks. They were not the least bit interested in my part of the marsh but at least they were there.

We ended up with three nice mallards, some nice activity between 10 and 11. I ran into an old-timer at the dock, we'd met at the Ladner Marsh clean up a couple years ago, and he was kind enough to give me a few tips. Chatting with this guy for 30 minutes really made me realize that there is no substitute for experience. He has clearly forgotten more than I'll ever know.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by FirePower View Post
    Swimming in you BVDs during duck season is never a good experience Mr. #1, that is why we have retrievers.
    I have GSP's now. But do not hunt ducks anymore.

Stanley Park?