Thread: Headed out for Archery bear this weekend

Headed out for Archery bear this weekend

Nails and I are haeding out this afternoon for a weekend of bowhunting bears in the Nit Nat area. I hope to get my first with a bow. We will let you know how we do.
    Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Headed out for Archery bear this weekend

Good luck Guy's
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!

NO bow bears but a buddy got one with his rifle. We saw about 6-7 bears and I started a stalk on one but the wind was swirling and my release hit my riser. Gone!! He stopped about 75 yrds away loked at us and the walked away. Pictures to follow.
    Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

Bow Walker Guest

Drats!! Too bad Steve. Maybe next time, eh? Last year I saw two deer crossing in front of me at about 70 - 80 yards. They never knew I was there. Funny feeling when your quarry is just out of reach.

My season starts Thursday I have three weeks off to bow hunt bears! I have been practicing steady for the past two weeks with my compound. I went and bought myself a Mackenzie 3D black bear last week for the final tune up I switched from a 55# Martin Hunter recurve(last four years instinctive with recurves)to a compund so I needed some time to adjust before hunting. These modern compounds are amazing pieces of equipment I can't wait to sneak up on a bear!

here are some pics from the trip. Sorry the pic of the bear sucks. We took good ones in the field on Nails' camera. I can post them when he sends them to me.

jim's bear

the camp site

some sites

Steve

Bow Walker Guest

Great photos Steve. Knowing you - I'd bet that the campsite was cleaner when you left than when you got there to....

Thanks Dan. It wasn't too bad this time. Here are some more pics.

Jim and his son

Jim's bear

Nice meat bear and Jim's wife and son were along too.
    Steve.