Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catahoulas

Re: Catahoulas

Thanks for all the input everyone after a lot of thought and deliberation I've decided to go with a BT hound instead, I think it will "fit" better for what I'm after.

I have some pups coming for Sept 2016. Catahoula x Florida Cracker Cur. Should make good hunting dogs. adrkennels.ca. They are simular to Black Mouth Curs but hoping for better temperaments and tougher on the hunt and on cattle. We used a blk mouth for flushing up prarie coyotes in sk.

The most accurate Catahoula information in one spot.
    http://www.donabney.com

a hound is a hound and i miss my lab as the lab comes back my coonhound goes and goes and ends up getting a ride home as i just leave now as a hound is a hound
    thanks Moose milk for dropping her off took her a week to bark and walk learned nothing

A catahoula isn't a hound and don't take off like one. They trail ahead of you but will stop and make sure you are there.

my coon hound does this 80% of the time I will look into this doggie

vortex hunter Guest

I had one aka called it razor back catahoula best dang bear dog never trained it on bears but he loved to run them tree'd one for me but he didnt bark at it in the tree only after it was shot on the ground ..... ex girlfriend stole him from me to THAT NICE LADY