Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Concern with BCWF and GOABC and hounds

Re: Concern with BCWF and GOABC and hounds

[QUOTblack bearsn hillbilly;1717296]I make a good portion of my income running bears with hounds and yes I am a GOABC member. I have heard rumblings about this two years ago and from what I have heard recently it has been moved to the back burner. I know there was one outfitter in particular that has problems with it and apparently the CO's have had some problems in the past.
    The latest news is having the whole coast shut down for grizzly hunting. Everyone except the FN outfitters who claim they will issue their own tags and export permits to clients. the interior bears will be next.
    BCWF and GOABC need to be working together not fighting!!!![/QUOTE]

Perhaps gentlemen the second part of CH post about grizzly being shut down along the entire BC coastline..some of the highest concentrations of GRIZZLIES. HUGE first step of closing it all down..first coastal grizzlies, then interior is a much smaller step..
    Then bkackbears..maybe that small 600 BC dall sheep population..etc etc etc

Thanks CH
    GOOD INTELL

Srupp

Srupp and Souwester. I dont think it matters how many times we say it or how big we make the letters. There are certain people here who will always feel the GOABC is there biggest and only threat.
    Well boys and girls for those of you who cant get up and stop crying after the little bitch slap the GOABC gave you you sure as hell wont stand a chance when the Fns/govt deals hit you.
    As hard as it may be for some of you to comprehend the BCWF and the GOABC need to become allies to win the upcoming fights.
    I have no fear... angels follow me wherever I go.
    Big & Rich

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post

Perhaps gentlemen the second part of CH post about grizzly being shut down along the entire BC coastline..some of the highest concentrations of GRIZZLIES. HUGE first step of closing it all down..first coastal grizzlies, then interior is a much smaller step..
    Then bkackbears..maybe that small 600 BC dall sheep population..etc etc etc

Thanks CH
    GOOD INTELL

Srupp

This is fiction.........
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Hunting grizzly bears with hounds has been brought up for the last couple of years out of southeast BC.

The issue will be turned over to grizzly bear ecologists (the scientists) to deal with.

As hunters we need to ensure we are representing our interests in an ethical manner. The video of the grizzly killed in AK that was all over the news last summer, the "guide of the year" issue and a number of others are hurting our 'common interest'. Putting videos online of hunting that is not consistent with hunting's image is a bad decision whether it is a grizzly hunter, deer hunter, or a houndsman.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    This is fiction.........
    how do I get to sit in at a PHAAT meeting? so I can see first hand what is fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by souwester View Post
    how do I get to sit in at a PHAAT meeting? so I can see first hand what is fiction.
    Is this the 8th reincarnation of Willy?

Mandela

1899 Guest

LOL...you were reading my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 325 wsm View Post
    Srupp and Souwester. I dont think it matters how many times we say it or how big we make the letters. There are certain people here who will always feel the GOABC is there biggest and only threat.
    Well boys and girls for those of you who cant get up and stop crying after the little bitch slap the GOABC gave you you sure as hell wont stand a chance when the Fns/govt deals hit you.
    As hard as it may be for some of you to comprehend the BCWF and the GOABC need to become allies to win the upcoming fights.
    Agree! We need to work together.

Maybe Souwester and BGBLKDG can start going at it..... just for old times sake

Quote Originally Posted by 325 wsm View Post
    Sounds good. Maybe the GOABC could show a gesture of reconciliation by lobbying the government to return the allocation numbers to what was agreed upon way back when. They might find themselves with allies again!