Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

Re: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

I just had a bad experience with a butcher up in Prince George. I do take some of the blame though as I guess I wasnt clear enough. I ended up with an entire moose ground into burger!!

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I just had a bad experience with a butcher up in Prince George. I do take some of the blame though as I guess I wasnt clear enough. I ended up with an entire moose ground into burger!!
    Congrats on your moose.

Look on the bright side, at least theres dozens and dozens of good recipes for ground meat beside burger!

Tacos, burgers, meat loafs, cabbage rolls, meat balls ... some of my fav foods are with ground meat ))

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I would be pissed

I was blessed to have my Father In Law show me how to Butcher an animal.
    Once shown it's not that hard to do
    I know it's a long shot but.......if it works out......I am willing to show someone how to Butcher.
    Maybe I'll throw a post up if I get my Whitetail this season.
    I live in Armstrong.

I handle my own meat - often. Never fail to be pleased with the outcome regardless of a low yield or a bit of a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    I handle my own meat - often

I bet you do

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    I handle my own meat - often. Never fail to be pleased with the outcome regardless of a low yield or a bit of a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I bet you do
    Wow, where do I start? And how far can I go with it?

I’m backing away slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Wow, where do I start? And how far can I go with it?

I’m backing away slowly...
    Hahaha excellent

It is so easy to cut up a deer. Watch a few videos or get a buddy over. It’s not rocket science. In the time you drive back and forth to the butcher, you could debone the entire deer and have great steaks cut from the back straps and tenderloins. You’d wind up with four shanks that are freakin delicious. By the time you’ve driven back to pick up your meat, you’d have the roasts and steaks out of the back quarters and front quarters. The neck is a great slow roast. You won’t have any pepperoni but you’ll have a lot more great cuts from YOUR DEER that you spent so much time and money to harvest. Shame to not show up for the most important part and leave it in the hands of a stranger. Plus it feels good to be able to do it all - from forest to fork.

It is quite easy once you do it once or twice, the information is there in books and online and its 1000% worth the effort. If you think you dont have space you are wrong, me and steelpulse had two deer in quarters and about 30 birds hanging from a sawhorse on a 4th floor balcony, everything went up the elevator, washed in a bathtub and aged on the balcony. Butchered in the kitchen and packaged ourselves, tasted amazing. I just hung my muley in my garage for 9 days, then butchered and vacuum sealed it up. If you want sausage or pep, take the scrap cuts to a butcher or do it yourself, Im gunna grind it on the kitchen aid grinder and have some fun. Not saying taking it to a butcher is wrong, thats what works for some situations but seeing threads and posts like this just blows my mind.