Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

Re: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

The problem for a lot of lower mainland hunters -- it's simply too warm to be hanging your mea tinnthe garage or on the balcony. You interior guys forget this. It's been over 10 degrees for most of November this year for us.

So a lot of people need somewhere to drop the meat off as they drive back into town.

I generally throw mine in the freezer, but then have to get at it within a day before it freezes solid
    I can't take a 4 day break from unpacking, cleaning etc .... its gotta get done ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    The problem for a lot of lower mainland hunters -- it's simply too warm to be hanging your mea tinnthe garage or on the balcony. You interior guys forget this. It's been over 10 degrees for most of November this year for us.

So a lot of people need somewhere to drop the meat off as they drive back into town.

I generally throw mine in the freezer, but then have to get at it within a day before it freezes solid
    I can't take a 4 day break from unpacking, cleaning etc .... its gotta get done ASAP
    And that is the problem, it’s too damn warm most times. Now I prefer to process my own, but have used Ron Brown a couple times. Both times Ron has been a stand up guy and most accommodating on arrival times. I’d definitely use Ron again.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I cut off my back straps and tenderloins before I take them to the butcher. Not worth having them touch those cuts.

https://lawrencemeat.com/wp-content/...81404_0001.jpg

Found this list online. If you’re butcher doesn’t have a similar cut list, then print it and take it with you. This eliminates “most” problems when getting game processed. Cleanliness of carcass and shot placement are other factors to keep in mind and should be discussed beforehand. Communication is key!!!!
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

op i guess you should cut yourself..

Quote Originally Posted by Coachman View Post
    Same story I had last year with Ennis. What a joke. Hard to tell if they're dishonest or just plain stupid.

Yea Whats with some of these BUTCHERS ? Do they not write it down on a Cutting order or ? Dishonest or STUPID ? RJ

i have no idea why any butcher would steal anybody's chewy game meat when they can steal all the finest beef, pork, or lamb???????

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    i have no idea why any butcher would steal anybody's chewy game meat when they can steal all the finest beef, pork, or lamb???????
    Years ago when I was young and never new any better I took my meat to a butcher in Kamloops to be made into sausage. It was good but gave everyone the shits. Finally started to make my own stuff shits went away lol. Cut your own game make your own sausage. For what a butcher charges you can get set up for a reasonable cost. U tube is great learning tool just watch lots on the same topic that way you can weed the idiots out. Lots of knowledge on this site I’m sure if most asked they’d get good info. It’s awesome to see a final great product from doing something start to finish yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    Maybe they DO steal it too ! Who knows for Sure ? RJ

When you find a good butcher, stick with them, like anything else your going to spend your hard earned money on, especially food stuff.
    I have always cut my own meat, but one time I went to a meat cutter with a beautiful Whitetail I had shot around the end of October, it should of been exellent, it was not, it was someone else's stinky Muley that we couldn't eat.
    It was like someone marinaded the meat in musk glands.