Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

Re: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    I handle my own meat - often. Never fail to be pleased with the outcome regardless of a low yield or a bit of a mess.
    kinda weird that butcher threads get you so excited...

Kinda exciting that you find it weird

has anyone entertained the idea of paying to use a DIY setup of a mini butcher shop including a walk in cooler to hang meat? Curious if there is any interest, or what you would be willing to pay per animal for use of facilities that would include grinder, vacuum pack, band saw, and sausage making equipment, including a smoker. Obviously different rates would apply for deer VS moose.

any thoughts or for-seeable issues? has this been done before?

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    has anyone entertained the idea of paying to use a DIY setup of a mini butcher shop including a walk in cooler to hang meat? Curious if there is any interest, or what you would be willing to pay per animal for use of facilities that would include grinder, vacuum pack, band saw, and sausage making equipment, including a smoker. Obviously different rates would apply for deer VS moose.

any thoughts or for-seeable issues? has this been done before?
    For liability reasons, I wouldn't include a band saw with any such set up.

It sounds like a good idea on paper, but dealing with people and cleaning up after them can be a nightmare.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I would steer clear of that idea and go smoke more weed until a new business venture idea comes into vision.

Cut your own meat!

I would steer clear of that idea and go smoke more weed until a new business venture idea comes into vision.
    They do have such places in the USA. Less of a business and more of a "we are a hunting club and you're welcome to cut meat here".

I wouldn't go that route. I'm pretty picky with where I prepare my food and trusting the cleanliness of tools, meat and tables after some random strangers isnt my cup of tea.

did i read this right? talking about eating ron jeremy's sausage??

Im pretty sure Rusty, don’t do the weed!

It does sound good on paper, but I’m sure there’d be a few fingers lopped off here and there.

It’s actually pretty easy to butcher your own animals, but it takes a lot of time.

I can butcher up a duck, like the butchers do, but time is money to me, so I let the pros do it!

lol my good buddy does butcher game and I always offer him anything he would like. He kindly refuses and says why would I eat that when I can eat beef or pork!