Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

Thumbs down Butcher and Butchers - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

Looking for a butcher? I do NOT recommend that you use Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop. Here's my story . . . I took two deer to him for butchering. I asked for a few specific cuts (i.e. no roasts, small steaks two to a package, the rest 1/2 burger and 1/2 stew meat). All I got was round steaks, 60% burger and 5% stew meat. I called Ron Brown to ask him where were the back straps, the tenderloin and the sirloin were? First he told me that they were in the bags he gave me. When questioned further he then told me that they were shot off, and I knew the shots were no where near there. Then, he told me that he GROUND THEM INTO THE BURGER! WTF!?! What butcher turns back straps, tenderloin and sirloin into burger? Then I asked him if he was willing to take care of the problem in some way. He said no. Then I asked for my money back and he told me I could go and get a lawyer and take him to court. I would strongly suggest that you take your meat elsewhere and you tell your friends to do the same. If you want any further details, please feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by stonewalker; 11-18-2015 at 09:25 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

brutal! I butcher my own game after a similar experience years ago from a different butcher
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

It seems as though the influx of new hunters and the scarcity of cutters has created an environment where a butcher thinks he can do whatever the f he wants, and the client still has to kiss his backside. Have heard many such horror stories in recent years.

I know it is easier said than done for most folks currently using a butcher, but learn to cut it yourself. Then you can go as custom as you want!

Same story I had last year with Ennis. What a joke. Hard to tell if they're dishonest or just plain stupid.

Is this the Ron, way out in the Tulies??
    if so, he has always been very helpful, even late at night.
    His pepperoni is awesome.
    The only thing my buddy hated was the "Chops", but I don't think I blame Ron for that.
    Sorry to hear your bad experience however.
    And it does make me consider just you tubing videos on doing it yourself.
    Biggest problem is finding the time, especially when you have to leave town for work for a few days,
    but the deer needs to be butchered ASAP, at least here in the LM, due to it isn't cold enough to hang for
    several days without a cooler.
    You can just ask to leave the deer to cool there, and than pick up and butcher yourself.
    Only problem is, these butchers get busy right now, and want to cut and package a deer right away,
    as they never have enough cooler space...right now.
    Also, I always try to Carve out the Tenderloins before handing it over to any butcher.
    Get home, cut them in the size you want, leave it in a fridge for a few days (like a cooler), and than into the
    freezer they go.
    Hope this was just a bad screw up, and is not consistent report of his work now, as I don't know where else
    to go.
    One thing I will say to everyone...
    Take good care of your game....keep it real clean.
    Otherwise a butcher won't touch it, or, they throw half of it out trying to process it.
    Not saying that this was your case....
    Thanks for posting.

I just went threw the same thing with page creek coolers out of Abby. The guys a joke didn't get a thing I asked for and no tenderloin eather said I never asked for them so he ground them wtf.

Make a big sign that says he screwed you, then go back into his shop and demand that he makes it right. If he says no, go out side and use the sign to advertise that he screwed you over. Probably wont take long to have the issue fixed.

Whats the worst that could happen.

I used mission meat shop last season, and was nothing more than satisfied. That being said, I did cut and grind all my own meat, and just had the sausage done there. A quick download of a meat chart online will have you cutting your own steaks and roasts in no time. It's actually a lot easier than one may think, and I find it more rewarding processing everything myself after the harvest. Sorry for the bad experience, seems to be an increasing trend these days.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

I took a spring bear to Ron 2 years ago. After spending all day trying to find a butcher that actually had their coolers running, Ron was a last resort. We got pepperoni, chops, and smoked ham done. Ron did an excellent job on the meat. The pepperoni was to die for, and the smoked ham and chops were not far behind. Ron was also super nice; had no problems.

ya, he has always been courteous, and his pepperoni is awesome.
    I just hope for all our sake, this was just a big screw up (sadly for the OP),
    and not another good butcher gone south.
    If in Invermere, we always use Konig, who make great german sausages....pepperoni..ahhh, not so much.
    But, again, he does a great job, just in case your up that way.