Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

Re: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

If you haven't butchered your own harvest i suggest you give it a try. Start small, deer preferably. When you butcher your own you know exactly what your getting when you pull it out of the freezer. I had a buddy give me some pronghorn steaks the other day. I thawed and unwrapped them only to spend the next 15 mins trimming them up. My dog was happy with the extra scraps but had a hard time knowing he paid for that butchering. Speed job I guess. Meat was very tender though. First time trying it.

Re: Butcher - Ron Brown - Mission Meat Shop

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    thanks brother, LOL! no weed for me... but i do get Gates thought on the band saw and liability issues. im seriously considering converting a 20' shipping container into a self contained butcher unit with a 8x8 cooler on one end and the rest of the space with stainless benches and equipment including sink, i've been buying up used commercial equipment and have most of what i need at this point, just need to set it all in place.

As for hygiene twoseven0, have you looked inside some of the butcher shops?...no thanks

i really enjoy the whole butchering process, for me its all part of the hunt, having a dedicated place to do the work and keep the house clean is appealing.
    Yup, I had some pepperoni done up at Sumas meats last year .... never again.

I showed up to the place and couldn't tell it I was at a butcher shop or a pig farm.

Gross.

My main reason for doing it myself, even though I'm usually dead tired and have other shit to do .... is because I dont trust people with their cleanliness.