Thread: Upland hunting South Island

Upland hunting South Island

I'm coming over to Victoria for gold medal plates event Thursday night, on Friday though I may hunt the day and take a ferry home at night, in any case is there any good upland hunting between denman island and Victoria, or anywhere within an hour of Victoria, I can share some great chukar spots via pm if you want to swap some info, specifically looking for quail or pheasant but any upland will do. Also open to hunting with people

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Upland hunting South Island

no sir i am sorry...

Phesant for sure,, you will only find them in Courtney at the farm... Quail, i used to get into them in sooke but its park / crd now. Quail tend to be REALLY close to civilization. and the mossy bluff stuff i used to hunt is all but gone.
    you could get a BB gun and come to my place lol i got lots, but my dad would hate ya! and there is that pesky law thing...

Historically there used to be great Phesant and Quail around here.. i suspect even a guy who had access to a big farm might not have luck anymore....
    Hell i cant even give you a good spot to walk the dog for a grouse.... And that was my uncles Bread and Butter.... and i actually hunt my lab.... But pretty much just drive around and bump them off the road now.... The days of the 20 Bird Covey of Blues are gone.....

Re: Upland hunting South Island

Hunting all around sooke is that all private even out to Shirley, all the clear cuts around there?