Thread: Ducks down

Ducks down

Anyone else putting them down lately ? had a great few days out with some good friends. That storm really pushed the ducks around and they were flying nice and low for us.

Had our 3 man limit by 10:00am, Should have had it by 7:30... but we all know how that happens... next day was 13 down.

First ever male Wood Duck and a green wing teal to boot ! The new Lucky Duck Flapper performed well, part into the morning they wouldnt commit as much so a quick change and pull the spinner left the flapper and next set came in feet down wings cupped.

Good times.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ducks down

Awsome job! Some nice looking birds Gone_Fishin_

Well done!

That's a helluva blind as well...

Quote Originally Posted by BigD_83 View Post
    That's a helluva blind as well...
    This is at a buddies field who he is good friends with the owner, they allowed him to build a permanent blind on the edge of the farm.

Its actually double that lenght you see in the picture, it goes another 10' to the left of me as well. looks better after this weekend, we brushed it in some more and painted the inside of the blind plus the under side of the tin, blends in even more now.

The ducks are laying on a drop down as well, it flips up and latches in place with a gate hook connected to a string on a pull cord system. Gives you good cover and a small jerk of the cord drops it down fairly quick.

Sure is nice when its pouring rain out, has a bench, hanging hooks and everything you need to be comfortable for a day. Would easily fit 8-10 guys with lots of shooting room.

Wicked blind. Here's a 2 man shoot back in september. Daily limit is 25...we were 11 short of 50!

holy crap.
    that's a good haul.
    well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone_Fishin_ View Post
    This is at a buddies field who he is good friends with the owner, they allowed him to build a permanent blind on the edge of the farm.

Its actually double that lenght you see in the picture, it goes another 10' to the left of me as well. looks better after this weekend, we brushed it in some more and painted the inside of the blind plus the under side of the tin, blends in even more now.

The ducks are laying on a drop down as well, it flips up and latches in place with a gate hook connected to a string on a pull cord system. Gives you good cover and a small jerk of the cord drops it down fairly quick.

Sure is nice when its pouring rain out, has a bench, hanging hooks and everything you need to be comfortable for a day. Would easily fit 8-10 guys with lots of shooting room.
    You're lucky to have access to something like that. Now you just need solar power, and you can run a stereo, and cook-up without fear of carbon monoxide poisoning.

I am frikkin' envious.

Looks like a great day, if you guys are hunting just west of Annis Rd, I heard you blazing away while I was working in my backyard,lol, I was watching flocks drop into the fields just west of me, and telling the wife " here come the guns ��", just a ton of birds on the move out here, congrats on a good shoot!
    Last edited by edgy; 11-17-2015 at 07:56 AM. Reason: M

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    Looks like a great day, if you guys are hunting just west of Annis Rd, I heard you blazing away while I was working in my backyard,lol, I was watching flocks drop into the fields just west of me, and telling the wife " here come the guns ��", just a ton of birds on the move out here, congrats on a good shoot!
    No were not in that area but i do hear them over there. Lots of birds moving around the valley but some are starting to get a little decoy shy im starting to find. New flocks of Canada's are showing up more and more. Also starting to see the Widgeons show up in some big groups.

Must be the local Sardis Pond ducks

Took the day off yesterday and spent a few hours out before that nasty wind storm hit. Lets just say the ducks knew it was coming before we did and were hunkered down in sloughs and ponds. Not a single to come in, some lookers but with the wind they would not come within closing distance for us.

Go to leave the farm and friggin 14" - 80' tall tree drops on the driveway 20' in front of me taking out the power line and causing a massive flash and sparks. Was insane... owner had to come down make sure the farm was good and use his bobcat to push it out of the way just so we could leave. Then was dodging downed trees the entire way home, only to see half the willow tree in my front yard across the driveway and lawn...
    Last edited by Gone_Fishin_; 11-18-2015 at 09:13 AM.