Thread: Starter Pistol

Starter Pistol

Does any one have one they would like to part with? I need to do some wok with my pup over the winter.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Starter Pistol

You can get them at most army surplus stores. I think the one in Langley has them I know New West has them cnd tire might

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 slam View Post
    Does any one have one they would like to part with? I need to do some wok with my pup over the winter.
    You might try starting with a cap gun before a starting pistol and hand clapping before that. Tom Dokken had a good article in Gun Dog magazine on the subject of gun conditioning a dog. One thing he did say is that if you screw this up it could be the one thing can't fix on your dog. Good luck with your dog with this, let us know how it turns out.

cap gun for sure first start at feeding time when the pup has its nose in the dish. May want to transfer this thread to the dog section you may get more response
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

No issues with gun shyness...he's 16 months old. All that has been done This is simply training.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

I got a dummy launcher for my dog and it worked like a hot damn. From the get-go it was sound-reward in one step. It uses 22 blanks which are cheap and its really fun too.
    "Similar to my truck keys, deer are often in the last place I look..."
    Ive taken to hunting on a pogo stick ...moderate success.

Quote Originally Posted by caves16 View Post
    I got a dummy launcher for my dog and it worked like a hot damn. From the get-go it was sound-reward in one step. It uses 22 blanks which are cheap and its really fun too.
    Is it loud. I would like to get one. I have a starter pistol. I use the blackpowder blanks in it. It is very loud. And 22cal. I use it when I am at the farm. I can not use it where I live.