Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sucess in mu 320 4x4 muley

Sucess in mu 320 4x4 muley

After a two hour stock and a great hunting partner who pushed this 4 point right to me I was rewarded with a shot and got him. But man the 1 km walk back to the truck dragging that fair size deer nearly killed me lol. But it was absolutely worth it and I am highly motivated to get in better shape for next year.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    -- George Washington

" A long range shot should never be taken if the range is so great that a hold on the top the shoulders will not drop a bullet into the chest cavity." Author Jack O'Conner

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sucess in mu 320 4x4 muley

Congrats Nice Buck ! RJ

Nice MD. You will forget about the walk back after you get some smokies back and down a couple of beer.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Way to go, nice one!

Nice young 4point, should be good eats. Did you notice if he had many ticks on him? Both my deer this year have had quite a few.

Thanks guys and no I did not notice any ticks on this deer it seemed to be in excellent shape. I will ask my hunting buddy if he has noticed ticks in the deer he hunts. He hunts mainly in 3-20 and 3-19.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    -- George Washington

" A long range shot should never be taken if the range is so great that a hold on the top the shoulders will not drop a bullet into the chest cavity." Author Jack O'Conner

Nice buck! Sounds like you earned that one.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Nice buck kgs. I used to tie a rope to the antlers and pull my deer out to the roads but have since found if you can lift a third or more off the ground it created less friction and pulls much easier. Still a Bit@# but easier. Fallen pine trees with 3 inch spikes/remnants of branches can darn near kill a guy when dragging game home.

Congrats on your deer.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

Nice buck! Congrats on a nice deer and putting in the effort to get off of the road.
    See the swing...hear the ding!

My hunting buddy said if I want 2x2 we can shoot from the road but if i wanted a decent buck i would have to walk and stalk. I have to say he really knows his stuff when hunting deer. By the way I had passed up two 2x2s before the 4x4. lol he had lent out his deer cart the day before as we had not expected to get one that soon even he was cursing his buddy lol
    -- George Washington