Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 point mulie quest

Re: 4 point mulie quest

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    They seem to have their neighbourhoods they frequent so running into him next year is likely. It helps to look at lots of photos of big mulie bucks to get an idea of what they look like, at quick glance like elk when they have a frame they all look pretty good especially walking away or sillouetted on a hill. The type of body needs to match that of a big buck also, big muscular shoulders, rump and neck, swayed back. Big track, like real big as all mule deer tend to have tracks much larger than your average wt. A buck with a strong score needs to have long spilts especially on the fronts. Crab claws are a score killer. If its not wide it needs to be tall, real tall. Mass is nice but its the least important.
    All good tips thanks! Always been a meat hunter primarily, have shot a couple animals that wouldn't score shit but I believe they were in the prime of their maturity. I'm cool with any mature animal animal regardless of score. I thought he was decent in the video, live action with him standing beside 6 does he looked much bigger! Like twice the body size, way bigger hooves, was standing broadside 70 yds away looking my way. I would guess mid 20"s inside, high 20"s outside spread? Seemed pretty tall in person as well. Any guesses?

The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
    Nice buck! He'll be bigger next year.
    kenny
    Was definitely harassing that doe last year according to trail cam. This year he just wandered through, left with all the does when a cougar cruised through snagging one of his does lol.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I know for a fact the buck I seen on the 11th was the oct.21 buck on video. He sure looked a lot bigger in the neck/shoulders nov.11. Sure put some muscle on during the rut!

Good luck with him next year, hope he survives all the preds!