Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 point mulie quest

4 point mulie quest

Been chasing this mulie two years, would have been nice to put a tag on him this season but hunted him 10 days straight without laying eyes on him until this morning. Day after season closed. At least I know he made the season and in good health with 6 does.

Good growth in one year!
    https://youtu.be/L7FLGVt1rxI
    Pretty stunning to see him in the fresh snow with 6 does at 70 yds in the timber
    not a monster to some but would be my biggest and first 4 point mulie. Hope to see him next year!
    cheers
    Last edited by .264winmag; 11-17-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 4 point mulie quest

Nice buck better luck next year

He's a 3 to 4 year old deer, if you want a big one the perhaps next year he will be showing that potential, its good you let him grow. Best of luck next year.
    Last edited by Husky7mm; 11-17-2015 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Auto correct spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    He's a 3 to 4 year old deer, if you want a big one the perhaps next year he will be showing that potential, its food you let him grow. Best of lick next year.
    I figured 3yrs last year, but I'm pretty new to chasing mulies'. Definitely not an old bruiser yet but I think it'll be tough to let him walk next year. I'd a tagged him this year!
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

He's has some good genes, he'll gain some mass next season and be prime

Nice looking deer. How can you be sure he is the same one from year to year?

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    Nice looking deer. How can you be sure he is the same one from year to year?
    Guess I couldn't be 100% sure, but I'm the only one hunting this spot and have dozens of pictures to compare the antlers last couple years. These deer live in this mountain year round...

Nice buck! He'll be bigger next year.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Nice pic looks like he's fallowing that doe! Hope yah get him next season

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    I figured 3yrs last year, but I'm pretty new to chasing mulies'. Definitely not an old bruiser yet but I think it'll be tough to let him walk next year. I'd a tagged him this year!
    They seem to have their neighbourhoods they frequent so running into him next year is likely. It helps to look at lots of photos of big mulie bucks to get an idea of what they look like, at quick glance like elk when they have a frame they all look pretty good especially walking away or sillouetted on a hill. The type of body needs to match that of a big buck also, big muscular shoulders, rump and neck, swayed back. Big track, like real big as all mule deer tend to have tracks much larger than your average wt. A buck with a strong score needs to have long spilts especially on the fronts. Crab claws are a score killer. If its not wide it needs to be tall, real tall. Mass is nice but its the least important.
    Last edited by Husky7mm; 11-17-2015 at 05:56 PM.