Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what's your plans for the upcoming season?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: So what's your plans for the upcoming season?

Elk hunting boys!!! Practicing calling, watching videos, lookin for tracks, practicing calling, Thinking about elk, looking at pictures of elk..... could be i'm possesed I duunno. maybe look for a moose after elk, and certainly another mulie ...feww.. I'm exhausted just thinkin about the up coming season. When am I going to find time for fishing?? I'll fit it in there somewhere. Moosin.

Hunt lots

Early geese locally,then Saskatchewan for specklebellies and sharptails in late September.Early October,local pheasants and ducks(between mulie hunts!)Christmas hunt off Westham Island and then spring geese locally,and Brant on the Coast.There'll be a moose hunt in there somewhere,and maybe an Alberta Mulie or Pronghorn draw!(Plus blue grouse on the hill behind the house!)Should keep me out of trouble for a while,there's lot's to get done between now and Opening day!Regards to all,Gunner

We've already got most of the stuff we want for this coming season, I bought a 2007 Haulmark 6x10 enclosed trailer to haul all our stuff around in(pictures to come in time), but we've got so far:

1. Wad-Wizard Supreme Choke tube for my Winchester Sx2
    2. Camo Chest waders from Cabelas.
    3. 1 dozen ghg fullbody lesser feeders
    4. 1 dozen ghg oversize shells with flocked heads
    5. Bill Saunders I5-KLR lesser goose call

We plan on buying another dozen ghg hot buy mallard decoys and maybe a dozen pintails or wigeons. Big thing is gonna be to organize the trailer and get everything to to fit in there(3 laydown blinds,3 dozen shells, 2 1/2 dozen fullbodies, 6 geese floaters and a couple dozen duck decoys.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Smile Re: So what's your plans for the upcoming season?

LIfe & work has been winning lately.....

Here's some answers Dano

2. Aquapod? -Don't know what it is so I guess I don't need it.... yet.

http://www.attbar.com/aquapod/specif...apod_specs.htm

Don't think it's the boat for your way of hunting, but for some of the stupid stuff I do, perfect!

3. More decoys. -Well, I thought I had enough last season but I bought 30 last year so you never know....
    Blasphemy! YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY DECOYS!

4.Goose'n spots. - I know of a couple to scope out, just need the time...

5. Boundry Bay. - If I decide to hunt there, I know a guy who hunts there and maybe he'll take me!
    Wonder if we know the same guy?

6. Bust Clays. -Great idea, should go sunday. Got my skeet barrel for the SKB the other day (only took 4 months!!!). Of course I haven't shot the Browning 2 shot yet... I bought an Ithaca XL900 at the Penticton show, it was mint! Bought it for a buddy but it always feels great to buy a new gun no matter the circumstances!

7. Sneakbox? -Looked good to me when you blasted by me in the marsh. I bet it'll sell before next season (hopefully soon).
    Keep the joo joo up!

8. I need a new hunting jacket and new waders too!
    Look say each monday at the following spots..
    www.cabelas.com
    www.basspro.com
    www.mackspw.com
    and the biggest cheapest place to get stuff
    www.sierratradingpost.com

During the summer you can expect some huge savings on last years stock. We hit them right last year, saved 40% on coat and waders.

Another Canso, which one gets the shadowgrass paint job?

Ian

As promised pictures of our new trailer.Waterfowl silhouette stickers on the sides will come in time. Its wierd to think that all the stuff in our trailer now exceeds the cost of the new trailer. Looks a little full but we have our waders,coats and clothing in there to move it out if it floods, and then load away house things.... I guess you can say I have my priorities in the right order lol.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Done a bit of flyfishing so far.....much more to do yet. All the gears ready for the season though including the new mojo!.....can't wait to try that of course i got it just at the end of last years season so had to try it on the front lawn instead...works great....neighbors thought me a little weird im sure.
    Oil's changed in the leg....boats repainted.....
    Got lotsa training with the dog to do.....make sure he's all "brushed up"
    Think he's pissed at me..........he goes fishin with me but every time some bird fly's by he looks at me like "hey stupid! get out the gun" and im more than sure he'd jump in an get my fish for me if only i'd let im.
    All thats left to do now is wait......and im sure i'll see somethin else to buy too.

So far it's been all fishing for me this spring, as the summer wears on I plan on doing some scouting for Duck hunting spots here in the Fraser Valley. Last year was my first Duck season and I ended up out at Boundary Bay most of the time. Last but definitly not least I'm looking forward to my first Elk hunting trip this September, can't wait !!
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.

Heading to the Yukon in August for mountain caribou. Then after that waterfowl all winter and whatever if anything LEHs bring, and the usual blacktail and bear hunting, perhaps whitetail in Sask, not sure on that yet.

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

Sell my Dodge Challenger and buy an Sled.
    Buy a bigger boat
    Stone sheep opening week
    Elk mid sept.
    Salmon fish'n oct.
    Muley's in Nov.
    Hunt'n Cats all winter.
    Brant on the bay in march (Duh)
    And any other trouble I can get myself into. Oh yeah getting another hound today!