Thread: WooHoo, First Limit of the year and the old gun shy dog pulls it off.

WooHoo, First Limit of the year and the old gun shy dog pulls it off.

Loaded up the truck this morning planning to pick up my buddy's young lab to give her some work but it seemed like Samson wanted to hang out with Dad this morning,so in the truck he went. I've had him long before I started water fowling and he's had issues with gunshots, probably the border collie in him. He is a great dog and I've tried to give him work, he's a great deer tracker and retriever just tends to shut down sometimes because of the shooting. Long story short he did well today, I was hitting the ducks and with some encouragement he retrieved all 8, 6 of which were in strong current deep water. I'm not going to say he loved it but he did get the job done so I'm happy with my little reserve mutt.

Also I'll just throw it out there, if anyone is interested in doing some some duck/goose hunting I have Dekes, Mojo's and access to a mess of goose shells and a robot goose. Seems I always cut deer tags earlier than the few guys I have to shoot with so a few more guys to shoot with would be welcomed. Pm me I'm on the south Island and usually hunt Cowbay and the Duncan area.

Cheers,
    Lozzie

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p704/aclozzie/IMG_0263_zpsn55b402j.jpg
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

2. Site Sponsor

Re: WooHoo, First Limit of the year and the old gun shy dog pulls it off.

Very nice!
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Re: WooHoo, First Limit of the year and the old gun shy dog pulls it off.

Well done Samson man, nice bunch of ducks. Good to put your fears aside, maybe can't hear as well now.