Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail Camera Reviews

Trail Camera Reviews

Who has them on their Christmas list?
    Looking for field tested opinions on trail cameras.
    What do you use?
    Pros and Cons.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trail Camera Reviews

if i was adding another to my stable it would be a Browning. Good battery life and overall good photos and video. You want something that takes good shots at night. Imo brands to avoid are the new bushnells moultrie and simmons....but all depends on your price range.They are fun and addicting..started with one for a test now have 25...little overboard...

I have 2 spypoints and a browning. I haven't had any issues with any of them. The browning is a bit nicer but mostly because of its fast trigger speed.

How about leaving these things in the high country all winter. I left two behind this year due to access. I realize the batteries will be dead however how do the cams fair over winter? I have a couple of Moultries amongst others and they have worked well.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreak View Post
    How about leaving these things in the high country all winter. I left two behind this year due to access. I realize the batteries will be dead however how do the cams fair over winter? I have a couple of Moultries amongst others and they have worked well.
    i would think the only thing to worry about would be corrosion from the batteries left in.
    i went out scouting a couple days ago and to put a cam out again.
    but i use rechargeables and a solar panel so i don't have to go back to check on it.
    that plan was wrecked though when my lock was now seized up and i had to leave it without a lock on the lockbox.
    so now i have to go back in with a new lock to put on it.

check out www.chasingame.com good reviews for most recently released cameras. Browning has excellent triggers speeds and better than average images. They appear to be the camera of choice these days.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

a big point to consider is theft.
    how much $$ do want to risk losing if it disappears while left out in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by DnD View Post
    New to the trail cam game, but enjoying it so far. Very addictive.

UWay U150X has performed well, trigger speed could be quicker, I'll play with sensitivity settings. Video and image quality is good day or night. Not sure if it makes a sound or the led's are evident, but moose are aware something is going on and about 1 in 5 times they zero in on the camera. Snotty noses and foggy lenses.

UWay VH400HD had problems right out of the box. Uncontrolled triggering for no reason. Contacted technical support. Quick response, tech made a couple setting suggestions, no change. Asked me to send the camera in for diagnostics, last week. Received email this morning, new camera on its way. Overall great customer support. Verdict still out on VH400HD.

Moultrie Panoramic 150 - poor image quality - panoramic consisted of three lower quality images poorly spliced together. Returned.

Bears and thieves are bigger concerns..Moose and elk seem to be very curious about cameras.

I have bushnell, wild game innovations and a primos, for the money I don't think you can beat the primos this year. Picture quality is great and very simplified user settings. Bushnell is good but a little pricey for what you get.

i have stealthcams right now which seem to work fairly well . They are meant to be idiot proof but im not so sure . the trigger speed is something that you can compensate for by setting up your attractant and what triggers the camera to compensate. theft is a huge issue even on private property believe it or not. most are pretty good now as far as the lower end ones go but even if its a $100 cam that goes missing (they will cut the whole tree down for it) it still hurts but really you leaving something in the middle of nowhere so you takes your chances
    Last edited by Barracuda; 12-17-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”