Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kuiu forum

Re: Kuiu forum

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBrit View Post
    ***Spits out beer over keyboard***
    HAHA!

In all seriousness Kuiu is fantastic gear. Can't decide between Chugach or Yukon yet though.

RB
    Over a few years I have found that the Yukon pants combined with the Chugach jacket works as an excellent combination.

Well who else stocked up on the sale? I pulled the trigger on the yukon jacket and pant. We will see how much the duty bill is and still have to figure out how to siphon the finances out of the "us" account and into the "me" account so "she" doesn't get too upset... Other than that, I am excited to try em on!

Quote Originally Posted by Stresd View Post
    Over a few years I have found that the Yukon pants combined with the Chugach jacket works as an excellent combination.
    +1 to this.

Yukon pants are amazingly durable yet waterproof while the Chugach jacket is extremely lightweight and waterproof. I've run this combo for two years and love it.
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

I've got a pair of chugach shell pants. They perform really well - light breathable and pretty quiet but are in no way durable. If I was loaded, I'd just grab another pair each year but I ain't so I won't. Too bad.... That I'm not loaded!

Picked up some alpine pants.I usually wear fleece longjohns in cold weather so no need to have the pants insulated for me.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Well who else stocked up on the sale? I pulled the trigger on the yukon jacket and pant.
    You will be lovin those Pants. Excellent gear. Have beat the heck out of mine on the knees, but they still work excellent. Seem to be getting a lot quicker with their shipping department. Placed an order in the 30% sale first thing Wed the 18th and was notified on Thurs morning that items had shipped already.

picked up a Kenai jacket,chinook pants, a Chinook jacket,the super cool otc socks, gaiters, Yukon gloves and a pair of Tiburon gloves all of there stuff I give full marks for,and quite frankly I like the dude's Moxy,kinda ballsy in this day and age to actually make a quality specialty item and only sell it thru his own means and not whore it out to ass-pro or whoresale or Cabeaners!
    PIGS IS PIGS;BUT HOG'S IS HOGS!

Yukon Jacket and Yukon Pants, Icon hat = $670 USD. Subtract 30% = $469 USD = $641 CND.
    Ordered on the first hour of the sale, arrived Wednesday afternoon with a $208 CBSA bill. HOLY SHEEP SHIT! I knew it would be bad from the last time I ordered but sweet baby jesus that is 30%! What the hell I thought Justin Trudeau was supposed make all my dreams come true!?!?!

So total invoice for rain jacket and paints and a ball cap is $850 CDN. Considering WSS had Sitka on for 30% (Cloudburst system is about $800 before discount) I would have been better off with Sitka the way the dollar is these days. Oh well I do LOVE the gear. It fits great and looks bullet proof. Much tougher than I thought it would be. WAY thicker than the Cloudburst too.

Most importantly of course is that it matches my attack pants, guide beanie and marino zip-t. If the animals ever saw me in mis-matched camo I would be so embarrassed. Not to mention they would see me coming 10 miles away! So for that, I am very happy!

Love me some Kuiu!

I had the same experience. Sticker shock at customs of $250. But when I looked closer it was about $100 for Gst and pst and $140 for customs. The customs itself was just under 20 percent. I would have paid Gst and pst on gear here, so it was not such a big deal. The yukon pants and jacket fit and feel awesome. Better than the Sitka I tried.

Yukon Jacket and Yukon Pants, Icon hat = $670 USD. Subtract 30% = $469 USD = $641 CND.
    Ordered on the first hour of the sale, arrived Wednesday afternoon with a $208 CBSA bill. HOLY SHEEP SHIT! I knew it would be bad from the last time I ordered but sweet baby jesus that is 30%! What the hell I thought Justin Trudeau was supposed make all my dreams come true!?!?!

So total invoice for rain jacket and paints and a ball cap is $850 CDN. Considering WSS had Sitka on for 30% (Cloudburst system is about $800 before discount) I would have been better off with Sitka the way the dollar is these days. Oh well I do LOVE the gear. It fits great and looks bullet proof. Much tougher than I thought it would be. WAY thicker than the Cloudburst too.

Most importantly of course is that it matches my attack pants, guide beanie and marino zip-t. If the animals ever saw me in mis-matched camo I would be so embarrassed. Not to mention they would see me coming 10 miles away! So for that, I am very happy!

Love me some Kuiu!
    Please tell me this is satire.