Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kuiu forum

Re: Kuiu forum

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBrit View Post
    Yukon Jacket and Yukon Pants, Icon hat = $670 USD. Subtract 30% = $469 USD = $641 CND.
    Ordered on the first hour of the sale, arrived Wednesday afternoon with a $208 CBSA bill. HOLY SHEEP SHIT! I knew it would be bad from the last time I ordered but sweet baby jesus that is 30%! What the hell I thought Justin Trudeau was supposed make all my dreams come true!?!?!

So total invoice for rain jacket and paints and a ball cap is $850 CDN. Considering WSS had Sitka on for 30% (Cloudburst system is about $800 before discount) I would have been better off with Sitka the way the dollar is these days. Oh well I do LOVE the gear. It fits great and looks bullet proof. Much tougher than I thought it would be. WAY thicker than the Cloudburst too.

Most importantly of course is that it matches my attack pants, guide beanie and marino zip-t. If the animals ever saw me in mis-matched camo I would be so embarrassed. Not to mention they would see me coming 10 miles away! So for that, I am very happy!

Love me some Kuiu!
    Great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by hare_assassin View Post
    Please tell me this is satire.
    Which part haha. Of course I am joking about the matching camo. Hard to get sarcasm across properly in a forum. But in some ways, once you commit to a brand/pattern it is hard to stray away for me.

Yes you are right Cordillera the PST and GST would have been paid on our soil anyways so the actual duty is easier to swallow.

I love my kuiu gear. Even with the shipping and duty I find its a superior product to anything else on the market. Much better deal than sitka.

Just picked up my Alpine pants at Ship happens ordered a 32 and 34 only payed the sales tax no duty.Looks like the 34's are going back as the new 32 alpines are a little larger than my old canadian 32 attack pants which is a good thing.Pants are awesome i might add.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I guess I'll have to be the voice of dissent here. Not overly impressed with my Yukon jacket. The quality is what you'd expect at the price and it fits well. However, the non gasketed main zipper means my chest and belly get wet when it starts to come down. Makes no sense to me to seal every zipper except the largest one that covers your core. It's also nowhere near quiet enough to still hunt in, despite what the rep said on the phone. I was crunched for time and needed a jacket for a trip when I got it or it likely would have gone back. I like the jacket and wear it often, but I don't consider it great gear. So I'm still looking for a jacket that'll do the job and it won't be a kuiu.
    These are the good old days