Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training collars

Re: Training collars

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    I havnt heard anything bad about the pro series of collars only the entry level ones , if you need an obsolete pre garmin collar fixed http://www.collarclinic.com/repair-trade.html
    The collar clinic does repair them BUT even they cant get parts they are using up what is available but no new parts are being produces. As for the upper end products, it's the pros I have been getting these reports of bad products/service from and they don't use lower end stuff.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Wait till you need service, the old ones are great collars as I said earlier mines probably 10 or 12 yrs old and got used LOTS, but since Garmin took over things have gone down hill parts for the old ones are not being made anymore, planed obsolescence.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.......

Avoid anything Garmin/Tritronics. They have stopped producing quality, long lasting products and have discontinued parts and service for their older units.

The Dogtra Edge RT is the only viable alternative for professional quality e-collars.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

I have two dogtra collars that are 12 and 10 years old...still going strong... actually I don't use one. I really should sell it

I also have a two dog collar that is 3 years old. I did have to get that one serviced but I think it was not working correctly from day one.

Anyone ever used the sportdog collars ? Any thoughts ?

I have a Sportdog 1825 I bought as a spare, it seems to work well for a 'cheap' collar, good range and control levels and it is expandable to more collars if you so desire.
    I wouldn't want it as my only collar but it works well for the purpose I bought it.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

what model(s) would be recommended for the Dogtra's ?

Quote Originally Posted by beeker View Post
    what model(s) would be recommended for the Dogtra's ?
    See post #13.....
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

I use garmin products daily ....can't say anything but good about them....
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by beeker View Post
    Anyone ever used the sportdog collars ? Any thoughts ?
    I have a sportdog that I bought that has been great. The rechargable batteries in the Transmitter & receiver finally wouldn't hold a charge anymore after about 5 years. Found cheap aftermarket rechargable battery replacements on the net and easily installed. Units work like new again. I would definitely buy again.

my coonhound does not like the DT systems h2o 1820 plus .. this is a good thing for me