Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yalakom road blockade?

Re: Yalakom road blockade?

yep with the exception of junction creek the road they are blocking, hunters can come and go as they please. they just ask that you slow down going through the camp area.

juiceterboost, where exactly is Junction Creek road? I was planning on going up West Pavilion road.
    Any idea if they're around that area or are they strictly on the Yalakom road?

Strictly on the Yalakom the west pavilion is all free and clear. Junction Creek is around the 50km on the Yalakom.

Good to know,
    I was wondering why when I was there in September I didn't see them building a camp. turns out I was not even close to where it is.
    Since you said you're a local to Lilloet, would you recommend going up W Pavilion or Yalakom?

Quote Originally Posted by juiceterboost View Post
    I am a Lillooet local and have been stopped and talked to these individuals. They are blocking one road to stop the proposed logging in the area after a road was pushed through a archaeological site in their opinion. Yeah they will stop you and ask some questions but their note taking and documentation has also assisted in catching a poacher.

They are building a cabin and plan on remaining on site through the winter. I really don't think that this camp is necessary but in no way did they interfere with my hunt nor the hunt of anyone in my camp. There are most certainly worse camps and protests out there.
    Finally a guy that just gives you the straight goods instead of talking g out his azz about the "Indian rebellion", *we should do something" but won't ever.

Just to update everyone on this situation- I was up there this past weekend on a bear hunt, we camped at beaverdam. We didn't see them on the first day, but on the second day they came to our camp. The older lady and young woman showed up and started grilling me and my buddy. Telling us it's bow only season, bear hunting is Steven Harper BS, threatened to have us removed if we aren't doing things the right way. The most unsettling part of it was she admitted through what she said... They snooped through our camp the previous day when we were out hunting... Saw a coloured paper wrapper in the fire pit. She then tells us not to burn plastic and take everything out with us (ok fine and dandy but when you drive by their camp, it looks like a bomb has gone off. Plastic everywhere. Foamies. Garbage everywhere... Ect) the older lady also asked to see our hunting liscenses, and we showed them, really trying to be courteous and nice (really hard to do). So to sum it up, it seemed like a peaceful harassment with underlying tones of threatening to remove us if we didn't do things their way. Now I've researched them a bit, it seems to me like they are "rebels" from their own tribe as their own tribe isn't even sanctioning what they are doing. Anyways, we have a family camping trip there may long weekend, we will see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfy42 View Post
    Just to update everyone on this situation- I was up there this past weekend on a bear hunt, we camped at beaverdam. We didn't see them on the first day, but on the second day they came to our camp. The older lady and young woman showed up and started grilling me and my buddy. Telling us it's bow only season, bear hunting is Steven Harper BS, threatened to have us removed if we aren't doing things the right way. The most unsettling part of it was she admitted through what she said... They snooped through our camp the previous day when we were out hunting... Saw a coloured paper wrapper in the fire pit. She then tells us not to burn plastic and take everything out with us (ok fine and dandy but when you drive by their camp, it looks like a bomb has gone off. Plastic everywhere. Foamies. Garbage everywhere... Ect) the older lady also asked to see our hunting liscenses, and we showed them, really trying to be courteous and nice (really hard to do). So to sum it up, it seemed like a peaceful harassment with underlying tones of threatening to remove us if we didn't do things their way. Now I've researched them a bit, it seems to me like they are "rebels" from their own tribe as their own tribe isn't even sanctioning what they are doing. Anyways, we have a family camping trip there may long weekend, we will see how that goes.
    I am glad you are sharing this info so people like me can avoid the area....I would not have tolerated what you did...I nearly screamed when I read your post...

No way I'd show some random my hunting licence, my home address is written in it.....

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    No way I'd show some random my hunting licence, my home address is written in it.....
    Wideopenthrottle- you have no idea how hard it was to hold back. It was not easy.
    And I agree river otter, I wasn't worried about that at all and am still not... Side note - it was 8 am and they reeked of booze. I'm actually looking forward to going up there again after knowing more about what's going on from researching. These people were so clueless to anything and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfy42 View Post
    Wideopenthrottle- you have no idea how hard it was to hold back. It was not easy.
    And I agree river otter, I wasn't worried about that at all and am still not... Side note - it was 8 am and they reeked of booze. I'm actually looking forward to going up there again after knowing more about what's going on from researching. These people were so clueless to anything and everything.
    I'm not sure that I could have contained myself the way you did. I tip my hat to you. Anyway, are you guys talking about the Big Bar Lake road and the Beaver dam Lake up there?
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!