Thread: Lookin for info on mu 3-26 or 8-26

Lookin for info on mu 3-26 or 8-26

Hi to all fellow hunters, I had put a message on here about mu 6-17 and 6-18 but it is out of my league at 71 years old so thanks for the info well taken. So now I am looking for info on deer hunting in 3-26 and 8-26 for mullies and white tails never hunted there but I think it looks good for this old timer and will be my last off Island hunt and will leave it to my son and I will become camp cook as I just love being out there. Thanks for any info you can give me. cheers.CB. Also any area close by to these .

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lookin for info on mu 3-26 or 8-26

I live in Salmon Arm. Lots of good spots to go and try to find a deer in those MU’s. That being said I’ve lived up north and most of my hunting has been up north, but I have found hunting around the north Okanagan/ Shuswap to be a bit to busy for my liking.
    I’ve been out a few times in the past few years only to be discouraged by the sheer number of other hunters that seem to be everywhere.
    You can PM me and I’ll try to point you to some spots to camp and hunt in the area.
    If you want you can PM me and I can help you narrow down a spot or two that might work for you to camp and hunt.

Both MU's are close to the Trans Canada with a number of good sized communities fairly close, so things can get busy during hunting season. You might consider pushing a little farther east into 8-25.

I've seen more whitetails in 8-26, more mulies in 3-26, both species in decent #s in both WMU from my observations several years ago..

I agree with ya, and prefer to be away in the bush away from towns . Any suggestions as to were a old timer would go to be further away. Also I see elk is open for 6 points and immy bull moose.

Sent you a PM.

Any hunt in 6-17/18 would be far more enjoyable than 3-26
    Even a snowy November drive in those southern areas will see traffic, but that would be my recommendation, go late and hope for deep snow
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC