Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fjallraven G-1000 Opinions

Question Fjallraven G-1000 Opinions

Does anybody on here have experience with the G-1000 fabric? I am looking for a new hunting pant and some of the offerings from Fjallraven caught my eye, specifically the Vidda Pro. From all I have read thus far they appear to be highly durable, which is a big consideration for me.

My main concern is the cotton in this material, it is a (65 poly/35 cotton blend). I would be using them primarily for backcountry hunting.

Cheers, Sylus.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of it's lonely freedom."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fjallraven G-1000 Opinions

Must be virgin poly and virgin cotton to be so over priced.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

A buddy of mine showed up at hunting camp this year with the keb pant. He wore them 8 days up the muskwa and couldn't say enough about them.

My son and daughter both have them. They are not cheap but do they ever wear. I'd like to try them but they don't stock extra fat sizes. They are worth the dough as they will outlast anything made in NA or Asia.
    It's Mom not Mum
    It's Fries not Chips
    It's Soccer not Football
    It's School not Shooting Range

Thanks for the input guys. They sounds like a pretty solid performer.

I don't get the reference boxhitch.... At least they are cheaper than Sitka!
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of it's lonely freedom."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

im going to order the Keb pant
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Agree with your concerns about the cotton. I personally don't like cotton blends as they take forever to dry. But if you decide on the Fjallraven pants, Cabeas Ca. has the onsale right now. Think they were on for $129.

I've been in Fjall stuff for years. I love it and have two pairs of "barents"(SP?) pants for 5 years of solid use and they're still going strong.

Add that the the 4 jackets, 2 heavy shirts, hats, T's, shirts etc and yea I'm a big fan!

I like them mostly as they are natural fibre, mostly good around fires and I won't lie…..I love the look.

Technically though, they are very dated and will not keep you dry but barring some stitching coming away and getting repaired they are VERY hard wearing. I have a couple of Greenland jackets and I hear of guys having them, and wearing them from the 60's and they are still going strong!

Shame the hipsters have adopted it and the resulting comedy Canadian prices!

I have used some of their hunting line for bow hunting, they are easy to get smell out, they are absolutely noiseless and hold long. had most of the stuff for 5+ years. Nice thing is even the light pants are mosquito-proof!

have these
    http://www.fjallraven.com/brenner-pro-winter-trousers

and these or rather the previous model.
    http://www.fjallraven.com/hogvilt-trousers

windproof, but never had them on in a downpour

I have been looking at the G-1000 options for hunting the coast.
    Where did you buy them?
    Can they be brought over from Sweden with internet purchase? Reasonable prices when converted from krona to cdn
    thanks