Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping with your rifle in your tent?

Re: Sleeping with your rifle in your tent?

I would never sleep with bear spray in the tent, but i always sleep with my rifle within arms reach in the bush, and I always have a loaded clip in, but nothin in the chamber..I don't wantto be loaded safety on, roll over or something and knock my safety off..

I don't sleep alone in a tent always have a gun

Take it with you in the tent.
    It's not going to ask to pee in the middle of the night.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

adriaticum uses his rifle barrel to hold the Toilet paper
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Havnt sorted out all the bear alarms..but will try to sort them out for experiment..
    Cheers
    Srupp

trip wire to an air horn. Oh ya.. the bear would run and everyone in camp would be wide awake.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Highly unlikely you could get a bear in the dark through your tent. All you'll do is make noise that will likely scare it off. But if that's the best you can do then why not a pack alarm rigged on trip wire which you don't have to fumble around in the dark to find and then trigger.

No offence to the rest of you but shooting a gun through your tent is just stupid. You're gonna have no idea what you're pointed at until it's on top of you and at that point you won't be able to shoot.

If I'm feeling bearanoid i have a rape alarm in my tent, hanging from the roof with a glow stick attached to the pin. That way i can see it in the dark and pull the pin if needed. But apart from the brambles' story and a very few others i don't hear very many accounts of bears attacking tents.

Ask brambles if he figures he could've gotten a shot of in all the commotion and I'll bet he'll say probably not. Our ask around, has any one ever even heard of a case where a person successfully shot a bear that attacked their tent while they slept in it.

As a side note i also heard a story from a few years back where a guy shot his buddy in the face. Apparently his smart assed buddy thought it would be funny to try to drag his bearanoid friend from his tent in the middle of the night, while growling like a bear. If i recall correctly the guy lived but clearly his ass was smarter than him.
    Last edited by buck nash; 10-28-2015 at 12:19 AM.
    But then what do I know? I'm just a lowly woodcutter.

Also an alarm isn't gonna leave holes in my expensive tent.
    But then what do I know? I'm just a lowly woodcutter.

I grew up in Ontario, got married and headed west! On our first trip to the mountains about 44 years ago my wife (#1) and I were sleeping in a pup tent in a Banff campground. We had been warned about bears and to be extra cautious as they seemed to be prowling the campground every night. That night we were awoken by major huffing and puffing and grunting REALLY close by... I really thought we were going to die... of laughter once we realized it was the couple in the next tent over!

Yes I generally sleep with my rifle or a shotgun loaded in my tent. I really like the white tee shirt idea!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I wonder how many sleep with a firearm at home.........now that's crazy unless you live in Newton.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU