Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping with your rifle in your tent?

Re: Sleeping with your rifle in your tent?

Same as thedougler , shotgun with 00buck, slug, 00buck. The most experienced shot gunner sleeps closest to the door of the tent with the shot gun ready. Nobody else in the tent has a ready firearm....don't need shots in multiple directions in a panic.

and make sure everyone in camp knows the score if you have a loaded gun..... MAKE SURE THEY ARE VERY CLEAR....

The problem is, someone inexperienced, maybe just tired and hazy, or plain old scared isn't going to know what is outside of the tent. It could be your buddy grumbling around at night finding somewhere to piss, tripping over something or breaking branches.

If you start blindly firing out of a tent, you could hit an unintended target. Or piss off a big one who will simply bulldoze your tent with you inside of it.

I snuggle up with my shot gun when in tents. Loaded with buckshot with the action cracked.

I usually hunt alone so my rifle is next to me in the tent and ready to go. Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but if its that "time of the month" for your wife please leave her in town...

Gun always in the tent. If I'm close to my truck like you, then it's a shotgun, so no worry about condensation.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    Same as thedougler , shotgun with 00buck, slug, 00buck. The most experienced shot gunner sleeps closest to the door of the tent with the shot gun ready. Nobody else in the tent has a ready firearm....don't need shots in multiple directions in a panic.
    Get rid of the 00 buck and keep the slugs.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest the Land View Post
    I will be carrying bear spray and a whistle (which I've used before to stop a bear from getting into my tent before), so I know the whistle works well. Should I also sleep with the rifle in the tent or leave it in the truck?
    Whistle... Not trying to be an ass.. must have been a long day. When I read this I got the noise of a squeaky toy in my head while a grizzly rag dolls someone.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Keep the gun in the tent, your wife will feel safer.

Usually a shot gun in the tent.
    Shells in the tube.
    Chamber empty.
    Even in the dark. It's easy to grab gun give it a pump and your ready to go.