Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Argo or Quad ????

Re: Argo or Quad ????

Will an Argo with tracks handle deep snow? I am looking to get one thing to do two jobs (snowmobile and quad) I am looking for utility not "fun". Also not in a big hurry, just want to get there. Trying to gain year round access to my mountain cabin (deep snow and now patcjhes of deep snow in shady areas,too deep for truckand chains, and dry or muddy road elsewhere.

What is the price of a new 8x8 efi?
    I've e-mailed a couple dealers now and never get a response.

Maybe it's classified........

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    I have both...........well actually, I have two of both (Now, before anyone starts thinking " Oh Ya, Mr Bigshot has two of everything" please understand that NOTHING that I have is NEW, and was NOT new when I got it), I'm actually in the process of rebuilding my 6 wheel Argo right now.
    Never apoligize Kyle. So you have two. You worked for them, and probably did without on a few other things to get them. Good on ya.

I like mine, It's the perfect moose hunting vehicle. You can bring a couple buddies along to go exploring, you don't get dirty driving in mud, goes anywhere and hauls you moose back.

I got this one off Todd Bartell it needed work to get it into shape but I had a lot of fun doing the rebuild. And it will go anywhere and pack one hell of a load.

http://usera.imagecave.com/moosecaller/IMG_0532.jpg

I have a friend that had an Argo a few years back ,you really can't compare the two for each of the two fit into there own category. Quad faster ,Argo slower ,Argo will go more places then a quad will in different places.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

I have owned two 8 wheel argos and over a dozen atv's, and they both have their place. The argo was heavier ,wider, slower, louder, but it floats and can climber very well, and pack a big load along with extra people. In many cases it could climb better than the atv when it was a steep grade maybe winding through the trees, but the atv would do better on most hills as it can get a little speed up before trying to climb, if the situation will allow for speed. I found the argo would be dragging and get high centered very easily, but most times some wheels would catch and pull you off a high spot, but if it was rocks it would leave plastic behind on the rocks as it scratched over them. Tracks on either of them make them all that much better, and are a great asset. I didn't have tracks on my argo, but do for the atv, and it will go virtually anywhere, except in deep water. That is where the argo wins. Both had good points and I would like to have all the toys, but I stuck with the atv.

I want to use this for travelling an unserviced forest road year round and moving around old skidder trails near my cabin. Toting my wife and stuff(gas cans, supplies etc) and maybe retrieving game, not going into gnarly places like atv guys like to do. Has anyone experience with tracks on their atv in deep wet snow?

Go have a look at www.6x6world.com for all your Argo questions and see what they can do. Lots of good videos.

Have you considered a Rhino ?? http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/...oup=R|&LANG=en

I have one and its a great machine ... it will out climb a quad with its longer wheelbase and haul most anything in its dumpbox and carry a passenger in comfort and safety unlike on the back of a quad ...
    As the others have said, if you need to cross water and hunt in lots of bogs and swamps then the Argo is the only choice, but if you want to explore deactivated fsr's at a reasonable speed and cover alot of ground with a plush and comfortable ride ... go with the quad or Rhino .