Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: guardian or commander

guardian or commander

I'm looking at buying a new bow. I was looking at the bowtech liberty and the black ice when I came across the bowtech commander and guardian. I was wondering if anyone on this site owns one ,or knows someone who does and could give me some feed back on them good or bad.
    Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: guardian or commander

P.M. loki....he's a member here and he owns a new Commander, which he shoots with fingers only.

We have a Guardian in the shop right now. I have only shot a couple of arrows out of it out back, very quiet, no hand shock and a smoth draw cycle.
    I almost bought it but instead I got the faster PSE X - Force { speed freak }
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1
    We have a Guardian in the shop right now. I have only shot a couple of arrows out of it out back, very quiet, no hand shock and a smoth draw cycle.
    How much is the guardian and where is the store and whens it open and is it right handed.I,m guessing Island out fitter what's there number.
    Last edited by mikek blacktail; 05-20-2007 at 12:33 AM.

Bow Walker Guest

Bill is there only on Staturdays (so far)..........here's the website. Anyone should be able to find the price on it for you.
    http://www.fishingvictoria.com/

As for tech info - you better conyact Bill....
    bowtec@shaw.ca

For the record Bowtech does not like their prices displayed online. Best I can say is that it was worth every penny .

Well we're going to need to know your style of shooting to better recommend a bow to fit you. Do you use a release, shoot with finger release, will it be for hunting or target (or both)? I chose my bow because of my style of shooting (finger release) and a few other deciding factors (higher brace height, longer draw, etc).

Like BowWalker said I own a Commander, and this bow sells itself. I would recommend the center pivot bows to anyone, very sweet bows.

What would you like to hear about it? It's quiet, fast, and retains a lot of its power at lower poundages. Incredibly stable shot, and the 2nd generation Binary cam design removes a lot of inconsistency because the cams are tied to each other, and not anchored to the bow itself. If you can get over the look without running away screaming I'd say the bow is very worth the investment, two thumbs up from me.

Clicky here for a review on a bunch of the 2007 flagship bows (you're looking for the 2007 blind bow test), you'll notice the Guardian/Commander leads the pack.

Agreed, the X-force owns the pack when it comes to burning up the chrono for FPS. Are you a experienced shooter or new? My only thought is that the X-force brace height is rather low for a newer shooter, way less forgiving. But so fast.
    Last edited by loki; 05-20-2007 at 10:06 AM.
    Good trader rating from Jessbennett The others seem to be lost in the original thread deletion.

I'm a bowhunter who shoot a release I've been hunting for 22 years I just wanted to know what people think of these two bows. I like the size of the guardian ,but I hear the commander is the more accurate of the two.So all I really needed to know was that you think the bow is worth the price. So thanks for the info loki it is much appreciated.
    Last edited by mikek blacktail; 05-20-2007 at 10:41 AM.

but I hear the commander is the more accurate of the two
    Yes it is, although you give up some hitting power in Kinetic energy. However I'd rather be more accurate than have 4 pounds more Kinetic Ft LBS.

So all I really needed to know was that you think the bow is worth the price.
    Well in that case, yes, I think it's worth the price .

So thanks for the info loki it is much appreciated.
    You're welcome.
    Last edited by loki; 05-20-2007 at 11:55 AM.
    Good trader rating from Jessbennett The others seem to be lost in the original thread deletion.

My friend chris just bought the gaurdian and it is sweet.

it is a little bit quieter than my tribute and has a little less vibration on the hand although I thought my bow had nothing for vibration, shock, noise.

he is shooting through the chrono 288fps w/ 29" draw 70" (heavy arrow)

My tribute is shooting 291 fps w/27.5" draw and 70#-361 grain arrow

If I was to buy a new bow I would buy the gaurdian but I still love my bow
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

I just shot the Guardian yesterday. What a sweet bow. I have a mathews switchback and couldn't believe the guardian is so quiet. I was impressed with it. Smooth to pull back and hardly any hand shock. I would consider it without a doubt.