Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradley's ---- digital vs original?

Re: Bradley's ---- digital vs original?

I have a non digital and love it.Smokes chicken great as well as salmon.Stayed away from the digital because I was afraid of problems with moisture and electronics.

I have an original too. It's great. Once you've used it a couple of times, controlling the temp is quite easy.

On more than one occasion I've dropped a digital thermometer in the box through the top vent to confirm that the temp reading on the built in gauge was correct, and it was.

No hassles with it at all, and would recommend.
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.

I have been eying up Bradley for a while. But now not so sure. Maybe digital not as good as original. Got some nice rainbows in the big chief as we speak but wish it could run a little hotter.

16 years; a ton or two of fish, a few moose, elk and deer, a huge flock of fowl and a too many cows and pigs and she still keeps working. The back plugin broke once in the cold as it became brittle; Bradley sent me two no cost, and the internal temp gauge quite a long time ago, so I replaced it with an inside/outside temp gauge, which has since quite. Will replace the temp gauge that Nog recommended in the spring.

We have thought about replacing the smoker with the bigger 6 rack, but after reading all the problems in the net, we will keep it and just replace the parts as they need it.

Any word on the Masterbuilt at Cabelas??

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Bradley's are pieces of shit.
    unless of course you are lucky enough to get one that gives none of the multitude of problems.
    but bad elements, inconsistency, wafers only partially burning, I returned mine the same week.

I have a non-digital and a digital (long story but I got lucky deals twice).
    I actually prefer the non-digital since the temp seems more accurate - it certainly takes less time to do the job.
    I have been sneaking the temps up on the digital and it is now (after 2 years of experimenting) approaching the effectiveness of the analog unit.
    They are both excellent and I would easily buy them all over again.

I have the 4 rack non digital and it's been problem free, I've done a bunch of fish, jerky, ribs, brisket, and various pork products in it and they always turn out really good. I haven't had any burner issues or pucks not totally burning but I always make sure I clean the burner after I'm done with it, and it hasn't been exposed to the weather at all.

I really appreciate the responses, now it is even a tougher call. It seems like it is either a love or hate relationship with them depending on if you get lucky or not.

I have six racker digital and i like the set and forget aspects of it if you have your recipe and timings sorted... i actually like the pucks yes they are expensive but they are easy back to the setting and forgetting... My only complaint is that the element has a bit of a tough time with the extra space of the six racker so i would suggest the smaller of the two if you want a more even temp from top to bottom inside...

mike

I have a 6 rack digital. Gets lots of use but has plenty of problems compared to my friends non digital model....dont get the digital